CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Brain-training games do more harm than good

ren Views: 1,336
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,355,086

Re: Brain-training games do more harm than good

I like playing games on prevention.com and facebook. I think the title may be a little misleading. There's nothing wrong with the games. It's the human tendency towards laziness. You MUST exercise. Although my father-in-law eats meats and eats a lot of sweets, he's 80 yrs old and goes out to shovel his own snow (he won't let me help), hunts game, gardens and reads the paper every day. Walking is the best exercise for warding off disease. That's why if a nursing home resident can walk, they need to walk a few times every day.

My granny does word searches, climbs her steps every day and is very active. Still though...I wonder if the children of nursing home residents are learning the lessons of their parents who oversacrificed. A lot of the elderly have their troubles because they did dangerous work in factories, fought in world wars,etc. We are taught in nursing school that alzheimer's disease/dementia is not a normal part of aging.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.168 sec, (1)