CureZone   Log On   Join
Molluscum treatment

dez13 Views: 25,006
Published: 15 years ago

Molluscum treatment

My son, at about 6 mos., got the Molluscum virus from hand-me-down clothing given to him from his cousin's mother, who did not bother tell me or didn't know that her son had molluscum. At first, when I noticed the strange bumps, I mistakened them for baby Acne or allergic reactions to new foods he was eating. But sure enough, his doctor diagnosed it as Molluscum, claiming that there wasn't much I could do about it, since my son was so young. As a mother, I was traumatized by the research I had done on the virus, seeing as to how contagious it can be, and how easily it spreads and most of all that it could spread to the face, eyes, mouth and genital areas. My son had the bumps/warts on his entire back side and it was beginning to spread on his butt and legs. So as a mother, I decided to take action on treating the bumps aggresively myself to prevent them from getting worse.

The following is a treatment that worked for me, but may not work for everyone. I did this treatment for 6-8 weeks straight. It is a very tedious treatment, that requires a lot of work and attention.

Important ingredients to buy:

-Hydrogen Peroxide
-Rubbing Alcohol
-Gauzes
-Q-Tips
-Neosporin
-Calamine Lotion
-Bactine
-Tea Tree & E Antiseptic Creme by Dermal "natural bodycare" (Very Important and crucial to have)
-Tea Tree oil
-Clean Clear Advantage " Acne Cleanser" w/salicylic acid Acne medication by Johnson+Johnson

Important tips:
-keep everything and all surfaces clean and disenfected at all times, especially clothing, towels and your bathtub especially.
-Baths are important, keep your child bathed, changed and clean.
-Never use the same towel twice. Use a different towel each time your child is bathed.
-As a parent it is important to keep you and child's hands clean at all times.
-It is important to keep the bumps covered at all times to prevent the child from scratching and further spreading the virus to unaffected areas.

How I did my Treatment:

Bathing my child (Part 1): (Do this Bath three times a week.)

1. Breifly shower and rinse your child as you would normally. Do not scrub the bumps for the virus could spread to unaffected areas. Never touch your child's face after touching the bumps.
2. Fill up tub with water.
3. Add 4 cups of Hydrogen Peroxide and 2 cups of rubbing alcohol to water. The water should become a bit fizzy. If not add a bit more peroxide and rubbing alcohol. Do not add too much, the fumes of rubbing alcohol are strong and not good to breath. Keep the room air circulating.
4. With a cup, rinse your child's body with this mixture in the tub.
5. Do not use mixture on your child's head and face. Keep mixture out of eyes!
6. Do this for 10-15 minutes.
7. With a gauze soaked in peroxide, rubb on bumps especially those looking infected or new. Do this a couple times.
8. Next rinse body with mixture for 5-10 minutes, Child may sit in the mixture.
9. Next, with a gauze soaked in rubbing alcohol, rub on bumps that are new or look infected. Do this once and let sit for 30 seconds.
10. Rinse child's body with mixture for 10-15 minutes again.
11. Drain tub, and briefly shower your child off.
12. Gently rub Clean Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser on your childs body until it is soapy.
13. Rinse cleanser off your child. Bath is done.
14. Over time, your child's bumps will become white and dry out. The bumps eventually will begin to slough off on there own in the tub as you gently go over them with gauze soaked in peroxide.

After bath treatment (Part 2): (Do this after every bath.)

-Dry your child off.
-Spray bumps and unaffected areas or apply with hands, Bactine "Soothing infection protection", Pain releiving Cleansing Spray.
-Next, apply the neosporin over the bumps.
-Next, with a q-tip apply tea tree oil to bumps that look really bad or infected. (Tea Tree oil is really strong and burns, so do not apply to large areas of the body!)
-Next, apply Tea Tree & E Antiseptic Creme over all the bumps and unaffected areas.
-Let sit for 5 minutes.
-Next apply the Calomine lotion to bumps and unaffected areas and dress your child. Make sure bumps are coverd at all times and never exposed. And make sure your child never scratches or picks at them.
-Optional: You may add a tad bit more rubbing alcohol to the Calamine lotion to increase the strength of the antiseptic. Always shake the calamine lotion before applying.

Through out the Day (Part 3):
-Always keep child clean and changed throughout the day.
-Changing child's diaper constantly is important.
-Be sure to reapply Tea Tree & E antiseptic Creme and Calomine lotion to bumps throughout the day and after every diaper change especiall.

Bumps on the face:

-For bumps on the cheeks of the face or forehead. Apply Tea Tree & E Antiseptic Creme with clean hands or q-tips only.
-Never use any of this treatment previously explained near or around the eyes!

LIKE I SAID THIS TREATMENT WORKED FOR ME, BUT MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERY PARENT. IT TOOK DILIGENCE, ATTENTION AND HARD WORK. CONSISTENCY AND CLEANLINESS IS KEY.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.102 sec, (3)