CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Juice for Alcoholics?

marnie Views: 11,035
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 133,060

Re: Juice for Alcoholics?

I can't cite references because unfortunately, I have read so much the past few months that I can't remember where I found everything. There was a story (online book) that talked about juicing to get rid of addictions. This man was an alcoholic and drug addict. He said that just juicing (as in juice fast) took away the addictions in a matter of weeks. Of course, your family member must want to stop and be agreeable to fasting or anything else you come up with that will help them. A juice fast can be a mono-juice fast like The Master Cleanse (see forum) or can be a variety of juices. Jay Kordich (The Juice Man) talks of overcoming illness by drinking carrot/apple juice daily. He doesn't say what kind of illness he had, but apparently it was life threatening. As far as recipes, if you google "juicing" or "juicing recipes" there are a lot of sites out there that can be very helpful. As a rule, veggies go with veggies and fruit goes with fruit. The exception is apples, as they can go with both. If your family member does not want to do a juice fast, switching to an all raw food diet will help immensely also. Basically, the way I understand it, is with the juicing you are getting more nutrients than you can by eating the same amount of fruit or veggies. The more nutrients your body gets, the less it craves the bad stuff (sugar, fat, alcohol, etc). Best of luck with your quest - I think it's great that you want to help this person. If you get stuck with any recipes or have more questions you can email me at mks51369@chartermi.net.

Hope this helps!
Marnie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)