CureZone   Log On   Join
My last Christmas with MO

mo123 Views: 1,894
Published: 16 y

My last Christmas with MO

Mo is the nickname of my husband and it is better not to tell personal info on the internet. So we leave it at that. Maybe the reason I never remarry is because of the perfection of Mo. He loved Allah with all his heart and his faith was so strong, it just was unimaginable. Many people told me, you became so strong a Muslim because of your husband, huh. I said no, after his death I studied the religion intensely and at that time I became more religious. But during our marriage he taught me who Allah was and how to love him. I would watch him pray and he would stand for a long time and tears would come down his face. I would ask him what he prayed and he said I would remember the attributes of Allah and pray with those attributes. I remember before he died he taught me a verse and how to repeat it over and over again with a voice very beautiful. I remember sitting infront of the heater trying to beat Mo in his recitation, but no that was not possible. I use to lay my head in his lap as he recited Quran and the whole house would be filled with Angels rushing to hear my MO recite Quran. I miss you my MO, but I am so happy and tickled that now you are with Allah. Wow, what a beautiful day.

Mo and I were only married for 7 years and prior to us marrying he told me I had a dream and I saw 7 cows and I know that you will die within 7 years. I said, "Wait, I am going to die in 7 years and you decided to marry me?" He said, "Yes." I said, "Ok" So we were married and 7 years later Mo died.

Mo had dreams one month before his death and he told me, "One of us is going to die soon." I thought for sure it was me as I was sick all the time. The Angels came constantly to warn me but I wouldn't listen. I miss you Mo.

As Muslims we don't celebrate Christmas. We were very poor and I told Mo one day before Christmas Eve. Mo, I don't miss celebrating Christmas such as the Jesus birthday, I miss my dad. Daddy would go and get all these treats such as tangerines, one pack of covered chocolate balls, one pack of nuts and one pack of mixed candies. Daddy made Christmas so happy and I would sing Christmas carols in July just remembering Dad. I miss you Daddy.

So on Christmas eve Mo comes home with a bag of tangerines and 3 tiny bags of candies and one of mixed nuts with a bottle of Coca Cola. Mo loved Coca Cola. I started crying and Mo came and held me and told me this is from your Dad. I miss you Mo.

So two weeks before his death, he started bringing me a gift every day. One day he would bring me a purple purse, another day, a seat shirt, some days just cola and sweets. I told him what was wrong, you are not like this. He told me, "Your life is so terrible, I want you to have ten minutes of happiness every day." I started crying. I miss you Mo.

Memories, are to be cherished and I wonder if Mo is looking down for surely Mo was my protector in Life but God is your protector on all things. Allah sent me Mo for a short time and I so thank Allah for that. Now Mo is gone and I am all alone on the holiday which is tomorrow. No one will visit me as they are very busy with their family so I am feel happy to know I have a place to run to to talk to people so I am never alone again. As I prepare to go to the Mosque to pray tomorrow, I want to salute the ones who bring me happiness now.

May Allah, return to you all what you have brought to me, lots of love and comfort and many more days of cheer.

SARA

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (3)