CureZone   Log On   Join
Patty's Poem

mo123 Views: 2,062
Published: 16 y

Patty's Poem

There was a woman named Patty, who had seven children and a blind husband.  She worked hard all her life and was very poor.  Her husband was always unfaithful so she becamed very depressed.  This extreme depression caused her much grief..   Her father died of brain cancer and with his last breath she said, "I hope I can die with dad and go to heaven,"  Shortly later, God granted her wish and she got the same exact disease.  Her baby had died a year earlier in his crib and when Patty asked him why she was sick, the doctor told her it was from stress.

Now Patty was far away from her olderr sister and they had not seen each other for years.  So Patty's aunt contacted the older sister to tell what was going on.  The other sister quickly wrote and they became very close once more.  The other sister constantly sent her money to help whatever she could.  As Patty's husband abandoned her and her children and she was all alone.  The older sister sent her a silk nightgown from Marshalls which was on sale and sent it to Patty so she would have something nice to wear to the hospital.  Patty cried much as she had never in her life owned a silk nightgown.   As Patty became worse and worse she so wanted to repay the older sister for her kindness so with what few dollars she had she mailed her this poem to tell her how she felt.  Here is the poem.

My sister, My friend

You're such a special sister,
but I've come to realize
The reasons that I love you
go beyond our family ties.
Your're someone I confide in
and can tell my troubles to.
  It always makes a difference
knowing I can count on you.
From the time that we were little,
we've shared secrets, hopes and dreams.
gentle tears and laughter
and yet through the years it seems
We just keep grownng closer
since those days of "let's pretend,"
For you're more than just my sister--
you've become my lifelong friend.

Patty's condition got worse and needed to be sent back home to her children to take care of her.  Her ex husband took her two small children that she loved so much.  She was commited to a county hospital and  the older sister was never told where or how to find her.  As the older sister begged and begged to find her sister she loved so much.  They finally told her where she was as they were afraid to tell their awaful deeds, she calls the hospital to speak with her sister.  The nurse tells her she will live another 6 months only.  So the older sister sends her a big bouquet of flowers to let her know how she loved her .  Patty had no phone.  That night after receiving the flowers and 10:30 she died.  She was all alone.  She was the bravest person I ever knew.

Yes, you are right I am the older sister and I miss her so much.  Here is to you my lovely little Angel, may Allah smile on you this night and many more to come.  As we sit here on these days close to Thanksgiviing, please don't forget to hold your sister so close and recite to her this poem I am sharing with you, all my loving friends.

SARA

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.220 sec, (2)