Juicing=Life part 2

9 Day Juice Fast Kit
Juice fast without hunger.

9 Day Juice Fast Kit
Juice fast without hunger.

mo123 Views: 594
Published: 16 y

Juicing=Life part 2

Some of the benefits of juicing revolve around the idea that the juice is basically a type of pure, clean, living water, that is organic and packed with nutrition. The belief that the juice is living refers to the fact that active enzymes are found in the juice. The concept, which labels the juice organic, refers to the fact that the nutrients are highly bio-available and easily utilized by our bodies. When we juice we separate the enzymes, minerals, nutrients and water from the fiber. This juice is digested in minutes and allows for a more efficient utilization of nutrients by sparing our body from the bulk of digestion, a process itself that requires a great deal of time and energy. Juicing however should not be done at the expense of eating raw fruits and vegetables each day! Our bodies do need this fiber to help keep the colon clean and functioning properly. We need to consume a variety of vegetables and their juices in order to ensure we are getting an adequate amount of all nutrients. This includes even trying to rotate varieties of individual vegetables! Organically grown food is always preferable (see my section on diet). Juice as much as you can comfortably drink without forcing each day, at least a pint or two. I feel the consumption of vegetable juice to be more important than fruit juice, perhaps on the order of 3 to 1. Triturating or pulverization is the method used by the best juicers. They are most able to release the vital nutrients into the liquid and will generate a fiber free juice. These machines are the most expensive type of juicer, but I feel it is worth the investment. Next best is the type of machine that uses the centrifugal method. This is the type I used when I first started juicing. These machines work well, are durable, and cost much less. However, some fiber is left behind, and this method is less efficient. Any fresh, raw juice is better than no juice at all.

My favorite juice recipes:

1. Carrot juice – just juice them and enjoy!!!

2. Detox/fasting (may be used anytime though) -- 6-8 carrots, 1/2 beet, 2 apples, 2-4 cups spinach, 1/4 bunch parsley, 2 stalks celery, 1” cube ginger. This will make 2-3 servings. The exact amount of the ingredients will vary depending of the size of the vegetables, your personal taste, how efficient your juicer is, and how much juice you want to make. This juice is detoxifying and builds blood. Serves 2.

3. Carrot supreme – Take the juice from 10-12 carrots and put it into a blender with a dash nutmeg, 1/4 t. cinnamon, vanilla extract to taste, 1 t. royal jelly in honey or plain honey, 1 c. soy/rice milk, and 1c. Ice cubes. Blend. Serves 2-3.

4. Tropical love smoothie – 1/2 pineapple skin on, 1/2 papaya skin on, 2 nectarines, 4 passion fruits (insides only), put this juice mixture into a blender with 1/2-1 peeled banana and 2 c. ice. This is one of the most healthful fruit juices due in part to the enzymes found in the skin of the pineapple and the papaya. Serves 2.

5. Peachity goodness – 5 peaches, 2 blood oranges, 1/3 pineapple (skin on), put this juice into a blender with a cup or two of ice and blend with 1 mango peeled and pitted.

6. Banana/berry breakfast: 1c. soy/rice milk, 1c. yogurt (brown cow is my favorite), 1/2 c. ice, 1T royal jelly in honey or honey, 1 banana, 1T wheat germ, you may also include 1 c. blueberries or other berry). Blend all the ingredients together. Makes 3 servings

7. Tropicalassi: 1 sm. Papaya juiced (no seeds), 1/2 pineapple juiced, 1 T fresh ginger, zest of 1 lime (into blender), then juice the lime, put all of this juice into a blender, and add: 1 banana, 1 c yogurt, 1-2 c. ice. Blend. Garnish with fresh mint sprig. Serves 3.

8. Cooling watermelon: juice 1/2 med. Watermelon (I only juice the inner red part since I find the rind and skin bitter and a bit odd tasting), and 1 T fresh ginger (or more to taste), put this juice into the blender and taste to see if you need to sweeten, blend with 2 c. ice. Serves 2-4.

9. Healthy Mary: juice 2-4 tomatoes (depending on size) I like a mixture of beefsteak and heirloom, 1/2 sm. cucumber, 1 stalk celery, 1 handful spinach, 1 handful watercress, 1 sm. clove garlic, 1 carrot, 1/4 sm. Red beet, 1/4 bunch parsley, add the juice to blender and add a pinch or two of salt, fresh ground black pepper 1/4 t. lime juice, splash worsteshire sauce, and Tabasco sauce to taste. Blend briefly. Serve over ice. Serves 2-4.

10. Mango lassi: 1 c. yogurt, 1 mango, 1 t. honey, pinch of salt, fresh pepper to taste, juice and zest of 1/2 lime, 2 c. ice. Serves 2.

11.Berry good: juice 2 pints Blackberries, raspberries, or huckleberries, 1 pint Strawberries, 2 pints Grapes, 1 pint blueberries, put in blender with 1/2 banana and 2-3 c. ice. Serves 2-3.

12.Green grass: juice 2 apples, 4-6 carrots, 1/2 bunch kale, 1/2 bunch dandelions, handful radish or other sprouts, handful wheat grass. Mix well. Serves 2.

INDIVIDUAL JUICES (With only a few exceptions like carrot, most juices need to be combined into blends of 4-5 different vegetables, usually with carrot as the base juice.)

ALFALFA: This is very rich in chlorophyll. It combines well with carrot juice, which is necessary since alfalfa juice is very strong on its own. It is best suited to help arteries and heart dysfunction. When these two juices are combines with lettuce juice it is beneficial for the hair, especially the root/follicle.

ASPERAGUS: This is an effective diuretic, again particularly when combined with carrot as when taken alone may be too harsh for the kidneys. This juice helps to break up oxalic acid crystals in the kidneys and the muscular system. Rheumatism would be a disease that might respond favorably to this juice.

BEET: This is one of the most valuable juices for building blood. Based on this we would apply beet juice to certain anemia’s, menopause, PMS, and dysmenorrhea. The high content of sodium helps keep its calcium content soluble, which helps absorption and assimilation of the calcium. It also contains a large amount of organic chlorine, which cleanses the liver, kidneys, gall bladder, and lymph. If we add coconut juice to these two the liver and kidney cleansing capabilities and nutritive value will be increased. If we add cucumber juice to these two instead of coconut can help with kidney and gall stones.

BRUSSELS SPROUTS: when combined with carrot, string bean, and lettuce this juice will increase the insulin generating properties of the pancreas. This may be used in early, mild cases of diabetes along with the avoidance of starches and sugars.

CABBAGE: Duodenal ulcers have responded well to this juice, and it is a wonderful bowel cleanser. However there will be an excess amount of foul flatulence from this juice! This is caused by the elements found in the juice stimulating the breakdown of putrefactive, waste matter in the intestine, a byproduct of this breakdown is sulfuretted hydrogen is what causes this odor. Again this juice is probably best combined with carrot juice.

CARROT: The king of vegetable juices and the base juice for almost all other vegetable juices! This juice is especially good for dry skin, skin blemishes, optic problems, ulcers, and cancer. We must remember that carrots are not a cure for cancer but helpful because carrot juice is so nutritious and detoxifying that it helps someone with cancer. When combined with spinach juice it is helpful in keeping a healthy colon.

CELERY: This is rich in organic sodium, which keeps calcium water-soluble and the blood and lymph from getting too thick. It is useful in dry hot weather to keep us cool. When combined with carrot juice it may help with nerve mylination.

CUCUMBER: This is a wonderful diuretic and helps remove uric acid from the body. It also helps to regulate blood pressure, in part due to its potassium content. Due to its silicon and sulphur content, promotes the growth and health of hair, bone, teeth, and nails.

DANDELION: This juice helps to counteract hyperacidity. It is rich in potassium, calcium, and sodium, and is one of the richest foods in magnesium and iron content. With dandelion we may juice the whole plant, roots included. This juice is beneficial for the liver and will stimulate the flow of bile. It helps to reduce masses and tumors. It is beneficial for skin blemishes.

ENDIVE, ESCAROLE, AND CHICORY: All are close relatives of one another, and while the specific nutrient make up will vary between them somewhat, we can describe their actions and benefits together here. I personally buy what looks best at the store and use what is the freshest. This juice is good for optic function, and will also stimulate the flow of bile.

FENNEL: The Italian variety is the best, especially the female plant (which is usually shorter). This juice is valuable for digestion and gas. Some sources report it is helpful in formulas that build blood.

GARLIC: This strong flavored juice stimulates the secretion of gastric juices, promotes peristalsis, and posses some diuretic action. It also dissolves mucus and eliminates intestinal parasites. Be careful garlic may temporarily scent you juice extractor, so I juice it first then the rest of the vegetables. Sometimes I will even run a couple lemon wedges through my juicer after I am done to help cut the odor. Onion and leek both possess similar yet milder properties.

KALE: This juice has properties similar to a cross of spinach and cabbage. It is mineral and chlorophyll rich.

KELP: This juice is a rich source of organic iodine, and contains all the trace minerals needed for good health. A good combination is: carrot, celery, parsley, spinach, and a small piece of kelp.

PAPAYA: The hallmark of this juice is its papain content, a potent enzyme somewhat akin to pepsin. The amount of this enzyme is higher is the green fruit, as the enzymes are what help to ripen the fruit. The juice helps stop bleeding internally and the pulp may be externally applied to stop external bleeding.

PARSLEY: This is a very potent juice, and as such should be used in small proportion to other juices in a blend. I like flat leaf parsley the best. It is valuable in supporting normal adrenal and thyroid function. It also helps maintain the health of blood vessels, and the entire kidney, bladder complex. Some sources report it is beneficial for the optic nerves.

PARSNIP: This juice is rich in potassium, phosphorus, sulphur, silicon, and chlorine. As such it is beneficial for hair, skin, and nails. It also benefits the lungs and bronchioles. Another reported use is for mental disorders.

BELL PEPPER JUICE: This juice reduces flatulence, and benefits the tear ducts and sebaceous glands. It may also be used in formulas to benefit skin blemishes.

POTATO SWEET POTATO AND TARO: This is a good cleansing juice, and will help skin blemishes. Sweet potato is stronger than regular potato, and is more nutritive. Taro is the strongest and is the most cleansing.

RADISH: This juice is beneficial for the mucus membranes. It definitely should not be taken alone.

SORREL: This juice is beneficial for healing our intestines. It also nourishes our glands and endocrine system.

SPINACH: This juice is beneficial for our entire digestive tract. As such it is helpful for constipation, bleeding gums and pyorrhea. It is also beneficial for the nervous system, arthritis, groin pain, fatigue, swollen limbs, abnormal blood pressure, and headaches.

TOMATO: This is a delicious “base” type juice like carrot. It is beneficial for all metabolic processes. Best when “in season”, I like heirloom varieties.

STRING BEAN: This juice is of particular benefit for diabetes.

TURNIP: The tops are rich in calcium, and can be used to help hemorrhoids.

WATERCRESS: This juice is rich in sulphur. It is a powerful intestinal cleanser, and can also help hemorrhoids.

ACNE: carrot, lettuce, spinach, dandelion, endive.

ADENOIDS: carrot,spinach.

There are several things to bear in mind with regard to juicing. First, be patient; it is possible to experience a healing crises on the order of headaches, joint aches, or skin eruptions. If these occur they will be short lived (about a day or two). If you find it too uncomfortable cut back on your juice intake temporarily, and feel free to consult your heath care provider. We must not expect that a lifetime accumulation of toxins can be flushed out overnight in some miraculous way. It will take time. Second, be tolerant and compassionate, if we put this energy out into the universe perhaps it will come back to us. The sad truth is that most people will hold a strong opinion about something they know nothing about. Most physicians know nothing of nutrition. For example one time a nutritionist and a physician blamed carrot juice for turning a patients skin orange. When I told them it was due to the carrot juice causing the temporary release of excess bilirubin that was of poor quality, they balked. I bid them to bear with me and draw blood to check my belief. I was correct. We should be aware that carrot juice would no more turn our skin yellow than a beet could turn us red or lettuce can turn us green. Third, sanitation and top quality produce. Always wash your vegetables thoroughly, even consider buying a fruit and vegetable spray. Keep your machine clean, clean it after each use, and don’t wait until before the next use! Don’t juice wilted, mushy, or spoiled produce. Fourth, combine juicing with other healthful lifestyle methods found on this site.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (7)