Re: Sudafed & Chlor-Trimeton for ADD

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
jazzyboy Views: 38,532
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 50,972

Re: Sudafed & Chlor-Trimeton for ADD

I have ADD, not the hyper ADD but the INATTENTIVE ADD. I was diagnosed when I was 6 years old but my mother refused to put me on Ritalin. Too many bad things about it. I did get through highschool, but barely. My mind normally is very sluggish to the point where I just don’t feel like doing anything and have almost no motivation. Some of my symptoms: foggy (twilight zone), forgetfulness, unorganized, procrastination, difficulty learning a new task, unfocussed, etc. I think your mind also has a lot to do with your energy mode. When my mind is sluggish, my energy is low. When my mind is sharp and focused, my energy is high.

I’ve always had problems with my sinuses, not enough to go to the doctor, but occasionally 1 or both nostrils would congest so I would take 2 non-drowsy Sudafeds (red pills). Have been taking it off and on since I was in high school. During the time I took Sudafed, I didn’t recall anything happening to make me more focused.

About 7 years ago, my allergies during the spring were so severe that I ended going to the doctor. He gave me a prescriiption (don’t remember what it was), but I felt 10 xs worst. I decided to look for something over the counter and came across “Sudafed Maximum Strength Sinus & Allergy.” Cleared up my sinuses, but made me extremely tired. The next day, I took 2 non-drowsy Sudafed pills and 1/2 Sudafed Maximum strength Sinus & Allergy pill. Although I was not as drowsy, I noticed immediately that I was more focused. My mind felt clear. Started experimenting, and cut the Sinus & Allergy pill to a little less than ½ and took it with 2 non-drowsy Sudafeds – I wasn’t tired at all and very focused. I found that I could take the pillS in the morning and the effects would stay with me for about 2 days.

When they took the Sudafed Maximum Strength Sinus & Allergy off the market, I was devastated. I took 2 non-drowsy Sudafeds with no effect on my mind. Eventually Sudafed put their Sinus & Allergy pill back on the market, but the formula had changed. They had removed the Pseudoephedrine and replaced it with something that had a similar name. This formula did nothing for me.

I went to the pharmacist and told him my problem and asked if there was something I could take that was similar to what I was taking before. He told me to take 3 non-drowsy Sudafed pills (red pills – 30 mg Pseudoephedrine) with one half of a Chlor-Trimeton Allergy pill (about 2 mg of chlorpheniramine Maleate) and I should get the results I wanted.

Well it worked for me – The formula I use is:

90 mg Pseudoephedrine (3 red Sudafed pills)
Approximately 2 mg chlorpheniramine Maleate (Chlor-Trimeton), a little less is better.

I take the pills Monday, Wed and Fri morning to stay focused through the work week. I don't take the pills when I'm not working. Yes, it's a drug, but it beats taken a prescriiption drug which is far more dangerous and expensive!

I don’t drink coffee, bothers my stomach, but if I really need to stay focus, I will also take 1 diurex Ultra water pill which is actually a 100 mg caffeine pill equal to 1 cup of coffee. Walmart is the only store that carries the diurex ULTRA.

Hopes this helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (2)