CureZone   Log On   Join
Massachusetts Health Care Reform/Insurance Issue

BRYNTY4 Views: 946
Published: 16 y

Massachusetts Health Care Reform/Insurance Issue

Currently have a POS managed care health insurance plan, covering self, spouse & children. My son turned 19, and he is not a full time student. Everything I read and heard says that under the Mass Health Reform (2007), dependents 19-26 will still be covered either as an IRS dependent or non-IRS for 2 years past dependency or age 21.

Just received notice at work that I am being sent a pkg as part of their auditing procedures to provide proof that he is a full-time student. The notice did not say anything about my options under these new laws. It did say, however, that if I cannot provide this proof, the following will occur: He will be terminated immediately, I will be charged back to January for their contributions to his premiums, and I will be taxed on imputed income for the value of an individual policy. This has me a little freaked out as I am not wealthy, my husband is self-employed, and we can barely pay our taxes every year as it is.

Am I in trouble? I would've thought that if I needed to fill out any forms or do anything when he turned 19, they would've sent them to me then, and if I couldn't provide the proof at that time, they should've terminated him back then. Anyone have any comments or advice? I guess I'll know more when I get this package in the mail, but I'm trying not to have an anxiety attack in the meantime! Thank you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)