CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I’m growing more MOLD than WHEATGRASS!!!

jennyjenny Views: 44,527
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 98,775

Re: I’m growing more MOLD than WHEATGRASS!!!

There are some great ideas in this thread so I thought I would let everyone know what worked for me.

I soaked the seeds for 12 hours in a ball jar, rinsed them well and drained them and left them in the jar with a piece of netting covering the opening with a rubberband.

I left the seeds in the jar and rinsed them and drained them about 4 times over the next 24 hours while they sprouted. Be sure to put the jar upside down in a dish drainer in between rinsing - just like you would do when sprouting other seeds in jars.

Then I spread them out over the damp soil. I was worried that I sprouted them too long and thought they wouldn't put roots down into the dirt. But nature is so darn smart. The grass grew faster with no mold.

I use the typical tray with the holes in it but I also have a solid tray to place it in. When I water the wheatgrass I check back after 10 mins and drain the water out of the bottom tray.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)