CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: molluscum

shanninder Views: 6,019
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,174,479

Re: molluscum

I posted the question regarding my daughter about 4 months ago. Almost immediately after posting we went on a tropical vacation. She developed a mild rash from the heat and the sunscreen and she couldn't stop scratching her skin. Her bumps were all over her tummy, back and thighs at this point. I was so worried that she would be causing the molluscum to spread. As soon as we got back from our trip I booked an appointment with a dermatologist. The earliest appointment i could get was two weeks away. By the time her appointment rolled around she went from having 50+ bumps to one small bump. They cleared up within days all by themselves (you could still see some marks but all the bumps were gone and healing. We went for the appointment anyway and the dermatologist said that it was probably her intense scratching that allowed her body to recognize the virus and fight it. He said that it's a coetaneous virus that the body isn't aware of and therefore doesn't fight.
I'm not suggesting that you should encourage your child to scratch because it could spread but I wanted to let you know what happened! I have read in my research some people beleive that scraping out a few to remove the waxy white stuff until you draw a bit of blood may help the body to recognize the virus, but I don't know....

Good Luck,

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)