CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Rosemary Can Protect the Brain From Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease

Ohfor07 Views: 2,917
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,174,481

Re: Rosemary Can Protect the Brain From Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease

As happens to be the case, right now, right this moment, there is a rather plump patch of Rosemary that has sprung up in the herb barrel outside. I guess you could call this the first cutting from the first half of spring. Today there are 4 herb barrels outside. 12 years ago, when I first took up gardening, on a whim I bought this big half whiskey barrel to experiment with growing a few herbs, and somewhat randomly picked Chives, Rosemary and Thyme as the herbs to plant. That barrel and herbs have managed to survive throughout this time, and this includes some tough Northeastern times .... like the time about 5 years ago that the barrel appeared to have attempted suicide when it jumped off the handcart while I was wheeling it down out of a uhaul truck during the course of moving from one house to another. It fell several feet and sort of ended up like a partly cracked egg, having leaked much of it's contents onto the road. Of course I was nearly heart broken, but then mended that barrel and put the pieces of those clumps of broken herbs back in the barrel. They've continued to thrive all along.... I almost think the shock of it all did some good ... (shrug). The darndest thing is, it has only been within the past 3 - 4 years that I've actually learned a bit about what to do with all these herbs I've been growing (and in large part wasting) the past 12 years :) This is among the reasons why there are now 4 barrels.

Right now I'm tempted to cut the better part of this patch, leaving enough behind to regrow AND be able to pick some fresh to add as a garnish now and then during the summer months, while taking the harvest from now and freezing part of it (perhaps to use as a stash from which to make tea in the short term) and tincture the other half. I may also hang a batch to dry.

Any recommendations or personal opinions as to which is a more beneficial form to ingest Rosemary; dried; tea; tincture; other?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)