CureZone   Log On   Join
Sister with Von Hippel Lindau

Views: 1,233
Published: 16 y

Sister with Von Hippel Lindau

My sister was diagnosed with Von Hippel Lindau disease a few years back and is currently suffering because of this. She underwent surgery on her eye two months ago because of the blood vessel problems she was having with it. The surgery went well as they told us anyways. However last week her retina detached unexpectedly and she had to have emergency surgery. She is now trying to recover from this surgery and is a wreck which is at least partly contributed to the medications they currently have her on. She is taking a generic sleep aid (Dizapam 2 mg), a steriod to help with inflamation and healing (20 mg), this steriod has already caused acid reflux so she is also taking (Protonix 40 mg), and she is also taking a prescription pain killer and I am not sure what the name is as I am away at college. She is also only 23 years only and approximately 5"2 100 pounds. Is it safe for her to be taking all of these medications and what should she be eating?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)