CureZone   Log On   Join
Ulcerative Colitis and Hair loss connected?

abstractj3 Views: 9,699
Published: 16 y

Ulcerative Colitis and Hair loss connected?

I developed a case of minor Ulcerative Colitis about 3 years ago. I had one flare-up that lasted for months back than and another one last year. When this happened I did a lot of research online and finally found these forums. I found a lot of people talking about Bacteria casing UC and fighting it off with probiotics. SO I went to the store and picked up the cheapest package of acidophilus I could find.

I'm not claiming it worked, but my UC went away in a few weeks of taking this stuff daily.. Could have been a coincidence or it could have actually worked for me. It seems to work for a lot of people, though I'm sure everyones cases differ.

So after one problem ended I realized I had another.

My girlfriend pointed out that my hair was receeding! Now at first I figured this was just genetic, but This seemed strange. I'm 22 years old and this hair loss thing only began in the past few years. I thought I'd have a good while to go before I had any sort of hair loss, plus all of the men in my family still have fairly thick heads of hair. It could be genetic, but that would mean I hit the jackpot of unwanted recessive genes. My hairline has receded to a point where people notice it if I go out without a hat or Bandana.

So after the possible success of the probiotics I decided that I'd come back to this same site to look for some sort of cure or prevention for hair loss. I started reading about possible relations of hairloss to overall health and it dawned on me.

If UC causes people to have nutritional deficiencies and people with nutritional problems have hair loss than this could be my problem. I looked on Google again and found plenty of complaints about hairloss related to UC medicine. I only took the prescription medicine for a few months and it didn't seem to help, but I was thinking maybe their problem wasn't medicine and just UC?

The one thing that really got me thinking is when I saw that someone recommended acidophulus for hair loss. Maybe the mysterious thing which causes ulcerative colitis also is related to the mysterious thing which causes hair loss in some people?

Anyone else have both hair loss and ulcerative colitis or any form of IBS? I'm nto a scientist, but I really think there has to be some kind of correlation.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.062 sec, (2)