CureZone   Log On   Join
My rephrased question on Conference Call 30MAR08

mpdela Views: 2,877
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,144,075

My rephrased question on Conference Call 30MAR08

Even though I did have the opportunity to ask my question during the conference call, I feel I had difficulty deliberating it thoroughly, so I’ll attempt to explain myself here.

Just recently (I think last month), the House passed House of Representative Bill H.R.1424 - The Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act or Mental Health Parity.  http://www.congress.org/congressorg/webreturn/?url=/ndmda/issues/alert/?alert...

H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
To amend section 712 of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, section 2705 of the Public Health Service Act, and section 9812 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require equity in the provision of mental health and substance-related disorder benefits under group health plans, to prohibit discrimination on the basis of genetic information with respect to health insurance and employment, and for other purposes.

Other Bill Titles
  • Official: To amend section 712 of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, section 2705 of the Public Health Service Act, and section 9812 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require equity in the provision of mental health and substance-related disorder benefits under group health plans, to prohibit discrimination on the basis of genetic information with respect to health insurance and employment, and for other purposes. as amended by house.
  • Official: To amend section 712 of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, section 2705 of the Public Health Service Act, and section 9812 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require equity in the provision of mental health and substance-related disorder benefits under group health plans. as introduced.
  • Short: Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 as reported to house.
  • Short: Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 as introduced.
This bill is what gave me the idea to correlate the treatment of mental illness to the treatment of body odor in the conference call.  Now, it (G.I.N.A) has to pass the Senate as well for it to become law.  Finally, in 2008, the U.S. will treat mental illness (and hopefully genetic conditions) equal to any other medical condition, and the group health plans and national plans will eventually have to follow suit in providing equal coverage for the diagnostic and treatment expenses of these conditions and other medical conditions, including metabolic disorders).  

Now Senate Bill S.358, Title: A bill to prohibit discrimination on the basis of genetic information with respect to health insurance and employment,  pretty much encompasses (more or less) H.R.1424 and H.R.493.    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:SN00358:@@@D&summ2=m& .  

If all this passes, it will open doors to medical insurance companies and national medical plans covering genetic diagnostic tests and treatment plans as they would any other medical illness.  Of course, we are not there yet, but the fact that it’s passed the House of Representatives is a big step in the right direction.

I wish I knew how to bring home all this legal support to the sufferers of body odor.  We know that a typical BO sufferer goes to the doctor, and much too frequently, the medical doctors don’t know how to arrive at a metabolic diagnosis for their patients.  They tend to perform the typical gastroenteric diagnostic tests and perhaps even some other hepatic tests that don’t seem to point to many metabolic diseases because the right tests are not performed. 

Since the patient’s condition is not diagnosed, the patient then bears the burden of having to research their symptoms on the internet, see what metabolic conditions exist that have similar symptoms, and then try to get one of the few labs available to test them for the various diseases, while the patient must assumes all the expenses to do so, even if he/she is covered by a group or national health program.  

So what is the barrier that separates the sufferer of body odor from these legal rights discussed in Congress?  The reason is the lack of an adequate standard protocol in the national and international medical community to accurately diagnose and treat the various sources of body odor, which could very well be a result of a genetic, metabolic disorder.

This is what my question was about in the conference call, but I just had difficulty delivering it correctly.  Do you understand what I’m trying to do here? 

I would love for all sufferers of body odor to feel confident about going to a medical physician, tell the doctor of their body odor issues, that the doctor would know what tests need to be performed, that the group or national medical insurance plans cover the diagnostic testing, and that the physician be well informed of how to best treat the condition, even if there is no known cure. 

A specific protocol to address these conditions should be well taught in university schools of medicine throughout the world, and the proper protocol information should be well disbursed throughout the international medical field.

What do you think about this?  Does it make sense to you?  

mpdela

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (5)