CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Would love to hear more stories about Mirena and Insomnia...

dutchmom Views: 24,326
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,126,227

Re: Would love to hear more stories about Mirena and Insomnia...

Hi, I am almost 5 months post-removal and I experienced a little bit of insomnia. I had many side effects, but the first and worst one for me was anxiety. The others followed and included: vision problems, migraines, vertigo, dizziness, numbness, weird, electrical-like sensations, restless legs, heart palpitations, panic attacks, extreme fatigue, negative thoughts and what I would call fogginess or not clear thinking. Looking back, the insomnia started pretty early along with the anxiety, so it's possible it was anxiety-related. There were many nights where I would wake up several times during the night and if I remember correctly, it was worse right before my period (and probably when I was ovulating, but I wasn't keeping track then). The big thing for me was I had to get up and check on my kids several times during the night. I just kept thinking something bad was going to happen to them. It got really bad when I started experiencing numbness and the electrical sensations. I was so freaked out by this there was no way I could sleep. I would spend nights from 1-5am on the computer researching MS. Also, I wanted to comment on the foggy thinking. It's hard to describe, but I think I experienced this. It was hard to remember things, like a list of 3 things I wanted to pick up at the store or somebody's name. Also, I just wasn't myself. I would say things to people and wonder why in the world did I just say that? Anyway, I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions regarding my experience. Good luck to you and with removal.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.242 sec, (1)