CureZone   Log On   Join
Edited

Energy Awareness Course
Use CureZone kode to get a free session!

Heal Gut Dysbiosis
Remove the gunk and repopulate with probiotics.

Views: 2,491
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,073,553

Edited

In August of 1987, my ex-husband and I were on a road trip up to Toronto. We had pulled off the highway to stop for gas, and decided that we would grab a bite to eat at a diner that was just one lot over from the gas station. We were sitting towards the back of the diner, and I was facing the front where there was a large store-front window. We had just ordered our food, and there was suddenly a commotion in the front of the diner. People started screaming and ducking under tables. Because we were farther back away from the window, it was not immediately apparent what was happening.

My ex-husband was facing me with his back to the window. I shifted in my seat so that I could better see out the window, and I saw a plane...a flying ball of fire...headed straight for the diner. Directly across the street from the diner was a rental car storage facility. It was surrounded by a sea of cars and the building was one story high. As the plane came down, it clipped the corner of the building, which caused the plane to roll and turn 90 degrees. I watched as the plane, already on fire, flew right past the window and explode at the intersection where the gas station was located. As the plane passed the diner it felt as if I had opened a hot oven door and been blasted with heat. My ex-husband saw the look on my face, quickly turned around and then slid down under the table. He later told me that he thought we were going to blow to smithereens because of the crash being near a gas station. This happened so quickly, and yet, also in slow motion. I could see passengers though the plane windows, although I had no idea that it was a large commercial plane. Only later did we learn that it was Northwest Airlines Flight 255.

When the plane's wing hit the car rental building, flaming jet fuel and burning debris sprayed across the car lot. The cars began exploding; going off like bottle-rockets...one after another. The air quickly turned black with smoke from both the plane crash and the burning cars. The smoke was so thick that you could not see outside, and the diner also began filling with some of the smoke. The plane itself had hit the ground right at the intersection, and then skidded underneath the highway overpass. The entire area was sealed off for several hours due to the thick, black smoke and the emergency vehicles with sirens piercing from every direction. Many hours later, we were back on our way.

En route to Toronto, we learned that this was a commercial jetliner. Initial reports stated that everyone on the plane, and a few people in cars on the ground, had died. It was the next day when it was announced that Cecelia had survived the crash. Both her parents and her brother were killed, and she was found beneath her mother's body.

This was a long weekend trip to Toronto, and we drove back the same roads we had taken. When we drove up upon the overpass where the plane had crashed, we saw yellow markers scattered all up and down the highway, flagging where all the bodies had been found. There was a trail of debris; not only at the intersection and underneath the overpass, but also all along the highway stretched out in both directions. I only recall seeing one piece that was large enough to recognize as belonging to a plane. And the contents of luggage was still scattered all along the pavement and blowing about in the breeze.

That anyone survived that plane crash is nothing short of a miracle. I wrote to Cecelia's family; letting them know that I had witnessed the crash in the event that Cecilia may someday wish to speak with me. The family and hospital were so flooded with cards and gifts that it prohibited their personal replies, although I did receive a formal card of thanks.

Today, while looking up information about this crash, I learned that Cecilia has become a psychologist. My message above was not intended as a reminder of those that died on Northwest Airlines Flight 255. It was my prayer for the sole survivor. I wish her great peace and wellness. With love.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.031 sec, (2)