CureZone   Log On   Join
Mirena IUD ~ Glad I'm not nuts!

glo4joe Views: 6,809
Published: 18 y

Mirena IUD ~ Glad I'm not nuts!

I had my Mirena IUD inserted 4 months ago in March. Now that I look back my doctor sounded more like a pharmaceutical rep for Mirena than someone who should be more interested in my good health and well being. Makes me wonder now.

I was actually so releaved to see this forum where so many women have had the same problems I am having. I thought maybe it was just me. I googled Mirena IUD side effects and found this forum right away.

I had no idea it was so serious. I just thought I was going nuts or had turned into some kind of raging bi**h from he**!! I am such a sweet loving good natured person..have been called bubbly by those who know me best, but not recently.

I called my doctor today and talked to the nurse...she was so sympathetic and totally understood. Said she had heard about the same things I told her I was feeling. She too had an IUD ( don't know if it was a Mirena) and had it removed as well. I told her I felt so much happier just hearing I was not alone.

I didn't tell her I had looked up anything about it online for fear of sounding like a hypochondriac and letting what I read online affect my thinking. But instead it just confirmed what I was feeling deep inside me...that something was wrong with me...VERY WRONG!!

Along with severe mood swings...not suicidal no...but fits of crying...feeling just kinda sad all the time and well let me see if I can put this in better words....
Irrational...easily outraged...quick tempered....fighting for no apparent reason with my husband to the point the big "D" word has come up a few times. And there is no way either of us want a divorce...we love each other too much. But I am such a miserable bitc* to live with I really feel sorry for my husband.

Also I was going to start to say above..it is affecting our sex life. My sex drive is deminished, I am experiencing vaginal dryness and when my husband touchs me during foreplay, specifically around my clitoris it is very painful. I don't want to say anything because I don't want him to be afraid to touch me. So I just wince and suck it up till actual intercourse. Which can be a little painful at first insertion as well. I am sooooooo not used to this. We used to have a great sex life. But now with the almost constant discharge and my nasty mood, love making is very much on the back burner. The whole reason I had the IUD was so we wouldn't have to worry about pregnancy.

I get this thing out tomorrow...thank goodness. I sure hope it helps!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)