CureZone   Log On   Join
Odd Recurrences of affib after Ablations /and/or Maze

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Parasites Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
jerrynmn1 Views: 4,182
Published: 17 years ago

Odd Recurrences of affib after Ablations /and/or Maze

There seems to be an odd sudden outbreak of numerous paople having sudden recurrences of affib who have had successful Catheter Ablations or the open heart Maze procedure being posted on various other Affib Forums and Affib message Boards- In my own case I have had 3 failed ablations so I never was considered a successful ablation result.

What is being seen are people who have been totally affib free after ablations and on no medications for over 6 months to many years, suddenly now posting in more than a coincidental amount that their affib has suddenly returned. In the cases of the Maze which has been around longer than ablations, you are talking about people that had been affib free for 7-10 years suddenly having affib again.

I doubt seriously whether the Doctors are interested in statistically reporting & statistically following these recurring affib events which might affect their "income". In fact they have done such a poor job in real numbers when it comes to reporting realspecific numbers of "success/cure" rates,let alone recurring affib rates

However, with that said it is IMHO more than just an odd coincidence about the number of affib recurrences being reported by people at this point. We are talking about 2 extremely different types of affib surgery, Open Heart Mazes & Catheter Pulmonary Ablations (with their subgroups of types of ablations). Time wise the difference in Maze VS. Ablation affib recurrence has to be carefully considered statistically comparison wise but on the other hand they are both using techniques that involve the blocking of electrical conduction "rogue" affib beats that are trying to run the sinus node of the heart.

However, both Mazes & Ablations are relatively very new surgical procedures with no known "cure" time, other than a "success definition" of "X amount" of months being continuously affib free while off of any rate and/or rhythm control medications.

These rash of Affib recurrences beg the question- Could we be seeing the limits of this "cure"? That at some point regress back into affib or are we just viewing anecdotal events???- My sense is that we may be seeing the beginning of the limits of the affib "cure" of these procedures and that this is the "tip of the iceberg".

Jerry

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (2)