CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: AFIB and Magnesium

jerrynmn1 Views: 9,312
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,057,895

Re: AFIB and Magnesium

I have been taking 500mg of Magnesium Oxide(over the conter drug) for years as a Vitamin supplement for my Affib- My Magnesium levels on this supplement remain in the normal range so I suspect that they may have been originally low. I also take a prescription strenthgh 10 meq. of Potassium Chloride every day for my affib with a normal range ever since I have been on it. Again I suspect it was low originally. Regular over the counter strength Potsassium Chloride is just not strong enough of a dosage to make any difference. I really have no idea if this helpsin any way to reduce the affects of my Affib- I started both while I was in the Hospital for 3 failed ablations for my affib & noticed that the Nurses were often checking my blood labs for Potassium & Magnesium levels. They were also giving me daily dosages of both. When I questioned my EP Cardiologist about it he said that both Magnesium levels and Potsassium levels are very important to the heart and in particular for people who have affib. He OK'd my using these as there hasn't been a downside to it. The only thing you have to be careful about is that too much magnesium will give you diahrea (so you try dosages by trial & error) and too much Potassium is toxic to the heart (so once you have the low prescription dosage of 10 meq and a few blood tests occasionly to monitior the levels, it will generally remain in the normal range & not get too high- Jerry

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)