CureZone   Log On   Join
help!!!!katrina victim in distress!!!!!

diva27 Views: 3,091
Published: 17 y

help!!!!katrina victim in distress!!!!!

Hi there curezone family,

I am a 27 year old woman residing in baton rouge, louisiana (approx. 60 miles away from new orleans)

I have been here since hurricae katrina hit in august 2005. I was unable to receive help from the government and I really got tired of FEMA's constant run-around and red tape. It is now Nov. 2007 and I am still in need of assistance.

I haven't had time to really scheme on different organizations for emergency aid like a lot of people out here because I have been in survival mode. A lot of states outside of those that were affected gave out a lot of assistance but Louisiana has been left out in the cold for the most part.

I have been researching katrina since it happened and as far as the aid is concerned there are a lot of places and websites telling people where to send donations to help displaced katrina victims. However, there are not too many sites telling katrina victims how to go about receiving all this aid.

Where can a young lady who is not about fooling the system or getting over go to get soem honest help. I have been to the point of giving up on everything because I have gotten into a lot of debt behind this tragic event and I see no way out. If working four jobs was not enough I just don't know what else to do.

A lot of sterotyping was done about New Orleans residents since this happened and even before but I am not like those stereotypes. I work hard and want to succeed. I want to become a naturopathic doctor. I also want to start an investment company geared toward helping young people become successful entrepreneurs. It is hard to pursue these great things when I am unable to meet my pwn basic needs.

i am simply not used to this way of life. My health has drastically gone downhill since this has happened. I am just crying out for help. Yes! It is 2007 and this happened in 2005, but I ask you this. Did you acquire everythnig you have in 2 years? So what makes some folks think that katrina victims who have no assistance and don't have those same resources they had prior to the storm will be able to recover in such a short time frame.

I have the drive and the vision to do what I want but I simply cannot do it alone. I am not so prideful that I won't reach out for help. I need help. I am scraping up every penny I have to simply survive and I need some help. My family needs help. Please somebody hear me and help me!!!!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.157 sec, (2)