CureZone   Log On   Join
biodynamics and brix levels

equilibrium Views: 6,422
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 925,286

biodynamics and brix levels

I have just returned from working a season on a biodynamic farm. Most of the food I tested with my refractometer was good but not excellent. One of my collegues did an experiment with the biodynamic preperations using them intensively [once a week] on a small area in one of the greenhouses. In the rest of the greenhouse the preperations were used about once a month. Otherwise the areas were treated the same. We planted lettuce, radish and beetroot for leaves. When it came time to harvest, the crops from the heavily treated patch were generally double the size, more vibrant in colour, tastier and virtually insect free. There was moderate damage and at times insect devistation in the rest of the greenhouse in the same crops. I tested the crops and the brix levels were significantly higher in all the vegetables from the patch. My collegue also tested the organic matter in the soil before and after the experiment. The organic matter had increased greatly in the 5 month period the experiment went for. Perhaps there is something in biodynamics after all...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)