Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS, or Candida? What Can It Be?
Do I have chronic fatigue syndrome? Is it IBS or crohn's? Maybe it's candida- candidiasis . . . ?
Date: 12/21/2006 2:27:34 AM ( 16 y ) ... viewed 3387 times
I'm a 38 year-old wife and mom, who's hit rock bottom. I'm exhausted 24/7; been to umpteen doctors, who run the same old tests and get the same old results: "Nothing's wrong with you."
I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone how frustrating that is. So I did some reading. My main symptoms are the following:
1. Chronic, persistent, debilitating *cyclical* fatigue, for the past 20 years!!!
2. Constant stomach pain- cramps, bloating, nausea, bowel troubles- 20 years!
3. Disgusting, stinky ear discharge that won't ever go away- 10 years!
4. Severe PMS- 7-10 years
5. Breakthrough bleeeding- off and on for the past few years
6. Pelvic inflammation- 13 years
7. Chronic yeast infections- 20 years!
8. Dizzy spells and blurred vision, followed by extreme exhaustion & often slurred speech- 1 year
9. Sore neck and lower back- 10 years or more!
10. Weak muscles- 2-3 years
11. Mood swings- since birth . . .
12. Sleep disturbances- since childhood
13. Heart palpitations- 4-5 years
14. Weight loss * weight gain!- *lost 15 pounds in the past month!!
15. Brain fog resulting in poor concentration, inability to read much- 2-4 years
16. Irritability and Anxiety- 20 years!
17. Asthma & food sensitivites- 27 years
18. Depression as a result of all the above- since all the above took over!
I'm desperate for a concrete reason for all these horrible ailments that make my life impossibly complicated and make me hard to live with. My husband and kids are wonderful, and bless them all, they try to be nice, but really, when your wife or your mom spends 2 thirds of her life in bed . . .
I don't want to spend another day in bed, but it's impossible to get out. I'm sick and nobody knows what's wrong with me. I've been sick for so long, I forget how it feels to be well. I did some reading and my symptoms point to three main culprits:
1. Chronic fatigue syndrome
2. Irritable bowel syndrome or maybe even crone's disease, considering the constant cramp in my right side and problematic bowel movements-- intermittent constipation/diarrhea
3. Candida throughout my entire body
Strikes against me: I smoke cigarettes. I've quit before, and will do it again, but not now. I'm too tired and stressed out to quit.
In my favor: Great supportive husband and tolerant kids.
My new proactive attitude toward my own health and well-being is a result of having spent the past three months in bed. After giving up, I decided I can't give up since my family needs me. I have to get better. I have to find out exactly what's wrong then cure it ... sounds easy enough, but I'm so tired, I can't even believe I found some energy to read up on what could be wrong with me, and start this blog.
I'm taking print outs of the info I found on these ailments to my doctor next week. Then I'm not taking "nothing's wrong with you" for an answer anymore. Something IS wrong and it's apparently up to me, the patient, to inform my doctor about what I think it could be. My doctor's a wonderful man, honestly. I've only been going to him for the past 7 or 8 months, and though he hasn't been able yet to pinpoint the cause of my problems, he has always listened to me and he's never rushed me out of his office like almost every other doctor has. I have faith in him to help me get well. I know he'll do whatever he can, and that is what's inspired me to catch a second wind and do some research on my own.
Thanks for listening and wish me luck on my search for health and vitality.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page