Going into this juice fasting journey....
Where I am right now, what my goals are and what is my plan!!
Date: 6/2/2006 10:43:00 PM ( 16 y ) ... viewed 2168 times
I decided to embark on this journey for many reasons. I will soon be approaching 40 and thought that this would be a wonderful gift to give myself. I have juice fasted in the past but only for a very short time, 3 or 4 days and once for 7 days. I am not very overweight. I am 131lbs and 5'6". I am probably 15lbs. heavier than I was in my 20s. I am quite fit as I have always done physical excercise all my life. I have known about the raw food diet for awhile. I was 95% raw for quite a few months last year but once I went on holiday I could not get back on the raw lifestyle. I want to be as raw as possible and feel that by fasting I can jump start my way back into it. One of my main goals is to be more in tune to my body during this whole process. If my body is saying that 100% raw is the way to go then that is what I will try to do. I will be surrounded by temptations throughout this process as I have to cook for my two young children and husband so it's not going to be easy. My eating choices are either I can be very, very good but I can also eat very, very badly, which means a lot of junk food and sweets, cakes, cookies and of course chocolate. I am, however, a vegetarian and am never tempted by meat although I cook it daily for my family.
So my main GOALS are:
1) to reach and maintain my ideal body weight. Ideal defined by my own body and not a number in my head.
2) to eliminate my mucoid plaque. I have to research this further as this is something new to me.
3) to be in tune to my body; knowing how to really listen to exactly what my body is wanting and needing.
My plan (derived from various others who have done similar fasts) are as follows:
1) to have daily juices of maybe fruit in the morning and a veggie/green ones in the afternoon. I've read that one should take 8 - 10 glasses of juice per day but I need to look into how many ounces that actually is.
2) to drink equal amounts of water
3) herbal teas are ok as long as there is no caffeine in them
4) 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil and coconut oil every morning
5) use natural, herbal beauty products
6) dry skin brush daily
7) either take a saltwater flush or psyllium daily
I also plan on doing exercise regularly. Gardening daily for 1 to 2 hours, Pilates 2 to 3 times a week and I thought I would try a new cardio kickboxing class and see what that's like.
So I am _so_ excited to start this wonderful present to myself!
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page