Day 3 - A First Challenge
Day 3 - A First Challenge
Date: 1/7/2008 11:22:49 AM ( 15 y ) ... viewed 1930 times
Woke up to a very mentally foggy morning - I took a shower and felt an hour later that I needed another shower. Feels like detox is kicking into high gear. The eye irritation has subsided but I've noticed some skin breakouts - unusual for me. Also I did not have the urge at all to output #2 - therefore I decided to research the dreaded "enema" process. I felt a mild blockage in my upper intestines, between the belly button and waist. Not painful but for the first time I actually "felt" something there.
So to spare you all the details - I overcame my fears and did the enema. I just approached it with a lot of humor and it actually was not that bad. And it did provide relief.
Today I started sensing an aversion to the vegtable juice. It wasn't the taste or tolerance it was actually the smell - specifically of celery. So I switched over to cucumbers which taste great! But wierd for some reason the cucumber juice made me feel hungry - like wanting food.
I thought I was going to fall off the program - we went as a family to a movie and the kids wanted to go out to dinner afterwards at our favorite BBQ place. I was mentally ok - not a problem. So at the movie theatre I found it very interesting. First of all this place smells so wonderful - the buttery popcorn! It was wierd - I started to realize that the smell is actually more satisfying then the act of eating the stuff! And then another surprise - I watched the other people coming into the theatre with these giant buckets of popcorn, and what looked like gallons of soda - and giant candy boxes. And the wisdom of the Universe flooded to me - this is not eating to sustain nourishment - this was recreational and sensory fulfilling eating triggered by visual cues (big screen ads for candy and soda) and olifactory cues (fresh made popcorn). Now this is not rocket science to figure out - but it is what it is - and just noticing it made me begin to put on my "to-do" list an examination of my own recreational eating habits!
So I did not fall off the program! And we did go to the BBQ place but decided to get take-out. It smelled soooo good in the car - just the smell was satisfying. So the family sat down and ate the BBQ and I decided to sip some water and do my daily meditation. I did feel hungry for the first time this evening.
- Apple, Carrot juice (great!)
- Celery, Carrot, Romaine Lettuce, Lemon juice (ok)
- Cucumber, Carrot, Romaine Lettuce (very good)
- I am going to the bathroom #1 like every 1-2 hours, urine is clear, no odor
- #2 required a little intervention - I survived!
Today's Physical Outlook:
- I feel what I would describe as how you feel when you have a cold - but not with all the respiratory issues. I'm noticing that I am wearing warmer clothes - probably to compensate for the lower body temperature.
- I don't miss food but today I was hungry - and by drinking water and through meditation it passed.
Today's Mental Outlook:
- The spiritual mind is happy and is compassionate as the physical body goes through this process.
- I am beginning to realize how we are "wired" to respond to external ques that have nothing to do with our actual hunger - which spawns what I call "recreational eating".
- I don't have angst against the corporations that have master-minded the "recreational eating" conditioning in our society - and as I think about this it has evolved in this country over many years as an outcome of the American Oligopoly paradigm - but feel a better sense of self-empowerment to begin to recognize this and be in the moment that it is happening and respond to it with different choices for myself.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page