CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Attn: Molly, re: Aspgerger/autism (off topic)

summerhaunt Views: 232,580
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 913,956

Re: Attn: Molly, re: Aspgerger/autism (off topic)

My Booger (I've nicknamed him Sugar Booger, since he can be a sweet little snot), began as an infant with a fascination with lightbulbs. Was his first word after "Mama". Sadly, he could care less about music (we're a very musical family). We went through phases of his fascination with sewer systems, locks, etc. We have to wipe the hard drive on his computer and reinstall the OS every month or two because of his experimentation (avoiding Vista since you have to repurchase license after two reinstalls). I've strongly suspected his dad (we're no longer together, but my current husband is awesome with my son) and uncle have Asperger to a degree.

I think the idea of oil pulling is "gross" and weird enough I can get him to give it a try. Before the summer he was wanting to do experiments with Iodine with the Science teacher, so I think the current Iodine fixation might keep him open to supplementing. However, he has as much of a fixation on not medicating, equating even prescribed medication as to being on drugs. It's tough getting him to understand if it's something his body needs and/or has been missing due to the biology he's been born with, then it's necessary. I think he feels a little shame at the Tourette Syndrome. He's kind of enjoying the Asperger Syndrome because some of the folks he admires had it or some form of autism (Einstein, Tesla, Newton, etc.).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)