CureZone   Log On   Join
why flannel - 2 reasons

joanne Views: 22,672
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 617,670

why flannel - 2 reasons

Natural, unbleached flannel would of course be the very best thing that you could use - no dyes or chemicals. Flannel is used for castor oil packs for 2 reasons - heat retention, and the nappy, almost fuzzy texture of the fabric grabs and holds oil better than a smooth fabric would, and more of it. Another thing I've noticed is that the flannel seems to cling to my skin better. Not to say that you couldn't use a diaper - sure you could. If you're putting a hot water bottle or a heating pad on it, the heat retention of the fabric is not really all that important - it's going to warm up. And the amount of oil is not really a concern either - if you use a diaper or smoother cotton, and feel that you've absorbed all of the oil, then simply add more.

I get my flannel via an old and much-loved beige flannel sheet that has seen better days. I cut squares off of it.

This thread has inspired me to order more castor oil!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)