CureZone   Log On   Join
My Appendix!

topaz jarocho Views: 4,364
Published: 19 years ago

My Appendix!

If you don't want to read my story, here is my Question:

Does anyone know what the appendix is for?
Maybe you could refer me to someone who knows? I recently had mine taken out. :(

Okay... In March I experienced an episode of extreme abdominal pain and vommiting. It got so bad that I decided to go to the ER. They took a CT scan and some blood work. Nothing showed up on the CT scan, but they(the Dr.) suspected my appendix. The pain I felt was more like high abdomen, not low abodmen (where the appendix is), but I ended up having an appendectomy. I was a little scared of having surgery, so I was asking all the nurses and Dr.'s what the appendix is for... and no one gave me an answer, they just said not to worry and I'll be okay and I don't really need my appendix for anything. I know they were trying to be nice, but it was not very reassuring. I did not really want the surgery, but the pain was so bad that I figured something must be wrong and I would have done anything to relieve it. So I had my appendix taken out. But then, a month later, the SAME thing happened..! So I'm fairly certain that it was not my appendix. Needless to say, I did not go to the hospital when it re-occured. Interestinly, these are not the only times I've felt this pain before... it's happend once a year or so for the last few years. Awful pain, the worste pain of my life, and lots of vommiting - to the point of being yellow and green when there's nothing else coming up. So, I feel a little suspicious of the Dr. and I'm trying to to avoid another 12,000 bill. I guess it would be almost impossible to find a cause for what happend, especially since the Dr. found nothing really wrong with me, but I am trying to learn more about it.
I also have fairly bad acne, and dry patches of skin that don't heal, and now I feel a pressure on the upper right side of my abdomen. I was told by a nurse that it's probly from the scar tissue of the surgery... Don't know if any of that could be related to anything... ?

Any ideas as to where I might be able to find out more about the appendix?

thank you.

tj.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.061 sec, (2)