CureZone   Log On   Join

The Baha'i Faith is..... by peace_thru_unity ..... Baha'i Faith Support Forum

Date:   6/14/2007 6:05:24 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   3,841
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=896518

The Baha'i Faith is an independent Religion that sprang from Islam in the same way that Christianity sprang from Judaism.

The Baha'i Faith is connected to Islam in the same way Christianity is to Judaism.

"Baha'i" means "follower of Baha". Baha is Baha'u'llah, the Prophet-Founder of this Faith. He appeared in Persia and was exiled and a prisoner of the Ottoman Empire for nigh unto 40 years. He, His family and many of His followers were eventually exiled to Akka, in Israel.

The World Centre of the Faith is in Haifa Israel on Mt. Carmel. You can see photos and learn much about the Baha'i World Centre on the Internet at
http://www.bahai.org/dir/bwc

You can learn about the Baha'is in the United States at
http://www.bahai.us/

There are several specific Ideas and Principles that Baha'is live by:

1) There is only One God. He is unknowable in His essence, therefore He created Intermediaries, and sends Them to mankind periodically, much like teachers in a school. Just as your fourth-grade teacher did not denigrate and deny your first-grade teacher, none of the Prophets denied or denigrated the Prophets that came before. Man, on the other hand, has a habit of twisting and isolating each Religion soon after it appears.

2) The current Dispensation from God includes nine major known Religions, from Adam to present time. The most recent Religion, the Baha'i Faith, is the only known religion in history to remain intact as it was handed down. It has not, and will not, schism. This was promised by Baha'u'llah in the very beginning, and He set up the Faith in such a way that it will always be directly spiritually guided.

3) The Baha'is work individually and as a Faith toward the following inevitable goals on behalf of mankind. How long it takes the planet to achieve these goals, and how bad things will get before they are achieved is in direct proportion to how stubborn mankind is in grasping and living Baha'u'llah's principles:

Mankind is, in reality, a single organism of many different parts, much like the arms, legs, and head, make up the human body. Like the body, the parts of mankind cannot operate optimally w/o close cooperation and unity of purpose and motive.

Men and Women were created equal, and are equal in the sight of God. Man and woman are like the two wings of a bird - until they are equal and balanced, the bird cannot soar to the heights of achievement and prosperity.

Prejudice of all kinds must be eliminated. Outwardly mankind is diverse, but inwardly all are the same in the eyes of God. Differences due to skin color, culture, language or belief are not real, they are manmade and harmful to the whole race.

Truth is available to all, and each soul must investigate it for him/her self, without negative interference or control from others. "See with your own eyes, and not through the eyes of another". Because mankind has reached the age of maturity, we no longer have the need for an elite 'learned' class, clergy, or for strict control of the masses through ignorance. Each person is his/her own teacher, and is free to believe whatever he/she wishes, as long as it is not pressed upon others.

Education is meant for all, and access to it must be universal and free, especially for women and girls, who are the 'first teachers' of mankind.

Religion and Science must agree. Science without religion is just ideas, Religion without Science is just superstition.

Mankind must be united in every degree. The Nations must recognize this unity and strive to bring it to reality.

A universal auxiliary language must be chosen so that all in the earth may communicate and understand one another. In this way misunderstandings, hatred, and war may be avoided. Each culture should retain their native language and customs and learn the universal language as well.

The watchword of the Baha'i Faith: Unity in Diversity.

The Prophecies of all religions since Adam are fulfilled by the appearance of Baha'u'llah, Whose name means "The Glory of God".

peace
:)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=896518