CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Everything in life is a choice. by Naturalist ..... Abuse Support Forum

Date:   6/12/2007 2:55:33 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   32,689
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=894587

2Health, To forgive him and pray for him does not mean you should overlook the hurt inflicted upon you by this doctor. Whatever forgiveness is , it should not be confused with glossing over the seriousness of a wrong.

"Forgiveness is not denying the reality of our pain. Forgiveness is not letting our offender off the hook. Forgiveness is not unfair.

One of the best reasons for forgiving someone is not what it does for them, but what it does for us. Forgiveness does not mean that you do not set boundaries and take action against the one who abused you.

Unforgiveness is a toxin. It poisons the heart and the mind with bitterness. Those who refuse to let go of offenses risk poisoning their lives and the lives of others around them. I forgive automatically. I will not carry anyone around in my back pocket.

One of the strongest arguments for forgiveness is the consequences of unforgiveness. Frederick Buechner has written: "of the seven deadly sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back-in many ways it is a feast fit for a King. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skelton at the feast is you."

Remember that forgiveness is not synonymus with reconciliation, restoration, or even releasing a person of consequence that might arise from their wrong.

Unconditional forgiveness is Biblical. Just as God refuses to limit His forgiveness, we are not to limit ours. I believe in the Bible and try to live by it. And yes, everything in life is a choice.

May God Bless...

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=894587