CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Dear auntie.... by aunty ..... Eczema Forum

Date:   1/30/2005 6:52:43 PM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   3,678
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=6820

Hello Lisa,

I apologize for not responding sooner. I'm just now looking at this message. The best part about reading your post is knowing that your son has a mother whose not willing to accept anything less than the best for her child. You didn't give in to the negative or hopeless diagnosis; and I can tell you from experience that you've made the right move. As bad as his condition seems, your son can be healed of eczema. A major focus will need to be restoring and strengthening his immune health. You did an excellent job in your posting. This gives me a clearer picture and helps me to be of better help to you.

Your son's diet will play a major role in the healing process because of the importance of nutrition in restoring immune health. I have to say that I'm impressed with his diet and you've done an excellent job. There are a few caution items that I want to suggest you remove for a month. They are the gumballs, fries, cheddar cheese, and sprite. Even though the sprite is only on occasion, to an already compromised immune system the rare occasion can serve to be a major setback to the immune health. Also, I suggest an increase in the vegetable intake while simultaneously decreasing the juice intake during this month. You are blessed to have a child who loves vegetables and thirsts after water; therefore, this task will not be as difficult to achieve as one would think. I would like to see an increase or addition of green vegetables, such as kale, collard, mustard, and spinach. For this month of intense immune restoration, I suggest at least one of these green vegetables (brocolli is also sufficient) daily. When trying to rid the body of yeast/candida, it is suggested that fruits/fruits juices (because of the sugars) be eliminated or decreased through the process. I don't suggest a total elimination of the fruit; however, I think a significant decrease in the fruit drinks during the month period will help. I think that the smoothie you make for him should remain during this month; however, I wouldn't add the stevia (natural sweetner). The fruit is already sweet on its own, so the additioinal Sugar is not needed. A big part in ridding the body of yeast/candida is an increase in fiber intake. The green vegetables, besides providing the beta carotene to boost immune health, will help in this regard (fiber) as well.

I definitely think that you should move forward in implementing a parasite cleanse. Considering your husbands past allergens, I think that one would be beneficial for him as well. When choosing a parasite cleanse, make sure that you get the formulation for children. If the kind that you're opting for doesn't come in children's formula, I recommend the following: Paranix for kids at allnaturalcleanse.com.

The observation that you made regarding your son's itching bouts at night, irregardless of where he spends his nights, is telling. It baffled me for a minute; however, the one consistent thing seems to be the teaspoon of hydroxyzine. These types of medications don't heal the body of the symptoms, they simply cover up what is wrong. One of the side effects of this particular medication is hives. Hives are an itchy rash. Some of the reasons that this particular medication is given is to provide antihistamine relief. You can get natural antihistamine relief from vitamin C. With the vitamin C, you don't get the side effects brought about by the harmful ingredients found in these medications. This medicine is also known as a stress reliever. A natural stress reliever is the herb chamomile. My suggestion is that you substitute the teaspoon of hydroxyzine with an unsweetened chamomile tea about an hour before bedtime. [Be sure to have him use the bathroom right before going to bed,smile] Treat the chamomile tea as medicine (don't add any Sugar to the tea). Cortisol, the stress hormone, increases histamine release which, in turn, produces itching. This is why this particular herb (chamomile) serves to be a good itch reliever. Also, in addition to not using steroids, I wouldn't give zoloft to my nieces; instead, I would opt for increasing the vitamin C intake. You may want to consider this option as well. Again, as with the hydroxyzine, the side effects are just too dangerous. Besides that you don't want to simply cover up the symptom, you want to actually respond to the symptoms message by addressing the deficiency. If you've read my more recent postings, you've probably seen reference to an educational website regarding nutrition and health. I use the particular website, in addition to this one, as a reference guide to natural foods and healing. You may want to take a look at the wholehealthmd.com website for a recipe guide to boost the health of eczema sufferers.

Addressing your water issue is major. If flouride or chlorine is a part of your water system, then this may be one of your son's major instigating factors (I believe that the hydroxyzine is equally offensive). Definitely consider a water purification system to remedy this problem. Also, seriously consider changing your son's toothpaste to a flouride free toothpaste if you haven't already. You may be amazed at the results. If you reside in the U.S., Whole Foods Market is a good place to purchase flouride free toothpaste.

Having your son suffer itchy nights is unbearable and there has already been too much of a delay in response time on my part; therefore, I want to hurry and send this message. In my rush to respond, I may be leaving out something. If I should think of something I forgot, I'll simply post another message. Feel free to ask more questions and pick me apart. I won't hold back any information. Whatever I know, I will freely share it.

aunty
©

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=6820