CureZone   Log On   Join

Some Quotes: by Tim ..... Oxygen Therapies Support Forum

Date:   3/11/2003 3:57:11 AM ( 21 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,782
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=443452

"Since Warburg's discovery, this difference in respiration has remained the most fundamental (and some say, only) physiological difference consistently found between normal and cancer cells. Using cell culture studies, I decided to examine the differential responses of normal and cancer cells to changes in the oxygen environment. The results that I found were rather remarkable. I found that high 02 tensions were lethal to cancer tissue, 95 percent being very toxic, where as in general, normal tissues were not harmed by high oxygen tensions. Indeed, some normal tissues were found to require high 02 tensions. It does seem to demonstrate the possibility that if the 02 tensions in cancer tissues can be elevated, then the cancer tissue may be able to be killed selectively, as it seems that the cancer cells are incapable of handling a high 02 environment." - J.B. Kizer:Biochemist/Physicist, Gungnir Research, Portsmith, OH.

“A nurse who works in medical research said to me, ‘It's so simple. I don't know why I never thought of it. When we're working with cell cultures in the lab, if we want cells to mutate, we turn down the oxygen. To stop them, we turn the oxygen back up.’” -Ed McCabe, author of O2xygen Therapies - A New Way of Approaching Disease.

"Lack of cellular oxygen supply is probably the most common cause of cell injury and may also be the ultimate mechanism of damage." -Robbins and Cotran (W.B. Saunders) Pathologic Basis of Disease.

"Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes, but there is only one prime cause. The prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the normal oxygen respiration of body cells by an anaerobic cell respiration." -- Dr. Otto Warburg, Nobel Laureate.

"Since oxygen, ozone and hydrogen peroxide act as oxidants in a laboratory setting, therapies employing those agents are generally deemed oxidative therapies.191-193 Until recently, the author accepted that view uncritically. However, it is clear from studies presented in this article that this is a gross error. In reality, such therapies in the context of the ORPEC state are powerful oxygenative and antioxidant therapies. The reason for that widespread misconception is the failure to clearly understand the complex biologic consequences of adding oxygen, ozone, and hydrogen peroxide to severely impaired enzymatic and cellular ecosystems in patients with accelerated oxidative injury. An analogy of a burst of thunderstorm may be used to explain the possible mechanism action of ozone. The still air in a city on a hot, humid summer afternoon is thick with stagnant smog. The traffic on city streets is snarled. Tree leaves are dry and limp. Many persons are distressed by air pollution. Suddenly, dark clouds loom large and bring a heavy thunderstorm. Strong winds push out the polluted air. Tree leaves are bombarded by heavy rains. The healthy and robust leaves of trees withstand the storm well, while older and weakened leaves are severely damaged. Many withering leaves on tree brances are blown away. After the thunderstorm subsides, the air is clean and crisp. The trees looked washed, their leaves fresh and shiny. Bursts of intravenously injected ozone and hydrogen peroxide affect the blood elements the same way. The membranes of healthy erythrocytes withstand the oxidative stress of ozone and hydrogen peroxide well, recovering their normal morphology after initial membrane deformities. The senescent cells, by contrast, shrink and undergo lysis. How may the observed overall invivo antioxidant effects of ozone, a powerful invitro oxidant, be explained? Ozone has well established effects of improving tissue perfusion and cellular oxygenation.67 Just as the duality of oxygen allows it to be a molecular Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, reactive oxidant species also play dual roles. Not only do they inflict oxidative damage to enzymes, induce mutations, and damage cell membranes, they also serve many useful functions such as modulation of cellular redox dynamics, activation of gene transcription, signal transduction, and apoptosis.93-95 It seems that ozone evokes an upregulatory response from cell membrane-associated antioxidant enzyme systems just as all oxidants do from all biologic antioxidant systems. Though, direct quantitative data for those effects are not yet forthcoming. One may also, with good reason, speculate that ozone elicits similar responses from other matrix- and cell organelle-related antioxidant systems. There is yet an other important mechanism by which ozone protects patients with chronic illnesses from accelerated oxidative stress. Viruses, bacteria, fungi, PLFs and parasite inflict cellular injury by causing oxidative stress. Ozone also is a well established antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal agent.58-63. Ozone through its powerful antimicrobial effects reduces the overall oxidative stress on persons with chronic viral, bacterial, fungal and PLF overgrowth syndromes. Thus, the ORPEC hypothesis carries strong explanatory power for the empirically observed biologic antioxidant effects of ozone. The biologic antioxidant effects of hydrogen peroxide, a potent oxidizer like ozone, are mediated by all the mechanisms cited for ozone in the preceding section. The clinical benefits of hydrogen peroxide infusions observed at the Institute in patients with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome are the subject of a separate report.72" Majid Ali, M.D. Journal of Integrative Medicine 1998;2:4-55.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=443452