CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Protien S or C deficiency by kjpayne99 ..... Brain Injury, Stroke, Aneurysm

Date:   5/21/2005 8:36:42 PM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   7,128
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=371074

hello valiegal.
Cryofibrinogenemia is a muation of the fibrin in the blood where if I get cold, even a little, my blood begins to get gelatanous or thicken. It is a bit painful, sometimes quite a bit but getting warm seems to reverse the effect. Unfortunately, it can happen even at what most feel are high tempratures. The blood temprature in some cases needs only to drop below 97 degrees. This seems to be extremly rare and in my case, heridetary, as several of my siblings and my mother had it.

In the case of the Protien S deficiency, I seem to be the only one that has it. I don't know where it came from. I had my first blood clot at 16 and my next at 18. The third time I had a pulmonary embolism. I was lucky. This last Christmas and New Year I spent in the hospital with a blood clot and I finally got tested due to family history. They didn't want to believe me because when I told them about the cryofibrinogenemia, the heridetary type is so rare that they wanted to look at other things instead. That is how they ended up finding the Protien S.

I really don't know anything about toxemia but I am very curious now.

I am now on lifelong coumadin. Pretty high doses from what I am to understand.

I have 4 children. Easy pregnancies and births with no complications. I had only one miscarrage. Only one of my children so far have the cryofibrinogenemia (that is my daughter and she has one child. She had a lot of pain carrying her and now is having great difficulty in getting pregnant). Whe was tested for Protien S deficiency and it was negative.

I probably had the blood clots all my life due to the Protien S deficiency. The coumadin is also due to the Protien S. The symptoms that were most noticable to me were the painful cramps in my feet an calfs almost every day, my heart going out of beat, dizzy spells (even shile sitting or lying down), bad headaches, and strange sensations in my eyes (along with on/off blurred vision). I don't know if those are symptoms of toxemia. The only time my legs felt tight was when I had a blood clot. It would get tight like a drum and a little warm.

I am now waiting to see if I get any of the other blood disorders that my mother had.
I am not waiting quietly though. I am getting tested for everything from intestinal parasites to bacterial disbiosys. I need to know where it all began and it makes sense that it has something to do with enzyme function in the liver.

Hope this helped just a little. By the way, I have led a very full and active life and the only thing that seems to have gotten me to slow down is a car accident. As long as you take care of yourself (exercise, vitimans, good diet, and try not to drink cause you really need that liver to work as well as possible) all should be well. You might want to read about enzyme functions and spirunila (I think that is blue green alge)

KJP

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=371074