CureZone   Log On   Join

Is this a possible parasite infection? by Kavin ..... Parasites Support Forum (Alt Med)

Date:   8/17/2013 2:46:45 AM ( 11 y ago)
Hits:   5,790
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2095199

Hey everyone...

So it seems I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I have some unexplainable issues and parasites seem to be a likely cause! For those who have experience with this, I have included a picture that I would really appreciate a glance at to see exactly what it is! If anyone could help me would be great, I'll do my best to summarize the background:

About 4 years ago I went on a cruise to Bermuda...when I got back I had severe stomach pains, some diarrhea, and weight loss. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and put on a treatment plan including Pentasa (intestinal anti-inflammatory), Ciprofloxacin, and Flagyl. Within a few months, I was feeling almost entirely better aside from some join pain that seemed to develop in parts of my body. Let me say that I have never believed in "Crohn's Disease" as a diagnosis, at least for me.

I was in "remission" (according to doctors) for the last 3-4 years and had even stopped taking medication entirely. Then I went to Puerto Rico.

The last 2 days I was in Puerto Rico, I felt EXTREMELY sick, had the worst fatigue I've felt in my life (couldn't walk more than a few feet without wanting to pass out) and had super explosive diarrhea. When I got home, I was sick with a fever for about a week, and had some strange gassy GI symptoms where gas would seemingly move around my intestines pretty frequently and eventually it started causing waves of pain.

Well about 2 weeks or so later, the GI symptom was the only thing that remained but it was getting worse and I also had a strange thing happen twice: I would feel fine and out of nowhere become extremely cold and then once I warmed up with blankets and heat, I would have a fever for about a day.

Around this time the gas pain got to an unbearable point, maybe another week or two later, I had stopped going to the bathroom: I was diagnosed with an acute small intestine obstruction and had to be hospitalized for a few days with an NG tube, IV Steroids, and IV Anti-Biotics. This helped me a ton.

As I weened off steroids, my gas started coming back slowly and I almost obstructed again until I was put onto a HIGHER dose of steroids, and then anti-biotics (Cipro/Flagyl again). I am now weening off steroids again, but staying on anti-biotics until the steroids are gone to make sure I am better. Through this whole process I have done a LOT of research (enough to send me into spins of worrying depression!) and truly believe that I have parasites. Here is why:

As long as I can remember (which is really the last few years) I have been very fatigued, and I've had acne. Switching to a mostly paleo diet a few months back helped me a bit, but I always seem tired during the daytime. My sleep sucks as I can't get to sleep then I can't wake up, I have also had joint pain for years in varying degrees (paleo diet helped a bit), I am very pale and I've had bouts of anemia. Additionally, in Puerto Rico I spent most of my time eating food at very local (not really clean) places and that includes the water I drank. I also stayed for nights at a time in the same, less than favorable conditions, pet some of the local homeless dogs and cats, and got into other trouble as well...sounds like a recipe for disaster now that I know we can get parasites!

Now, this obstruction I had was truly strange. Most EVERYONE who has a "Crohn's" induced obstruction has far more symptoms that would indicate something bad was happening, at the very least a constant pain. In my case, the obstruction pain only came in waves when I felt the gas distending my abdomen, otherwise I was 100% fine which is usually the case with a mechanical obstruction (i.e. little kid swallows a marble or something).

A 3-4 weeks after I got back Puerto Rico (2 weeks before the hospital) from Puerto Rico I remember a night when I needed to use the bathroom but instead of a bowel movement I passed what I *thought* was mucus. I told me doctor that and he said that it was "normal" for patients with Crohn's to see that. Luckily, I saved the picture in case he wanted to see it and here is what it looked like:

//www.curezone.org/upload/Parasites/Forum_01/20130707_0106331.jpg

If someone knowledgeable can look at it and provide some feedback would be great! At the time I didn't know about parasites or I would have "collected" it or at least examined it but I snapped the pic and flushed. Thinking back on it, mucus probably would have floated and not sank, and it would probably have come out as a part of a bowel movement not on its own. I had not been cleansing or anything but who knows, maybe the reason my body was inflaming was because it was in the middle of killing this guy! I do want to do a Humaworm cleanse, even if this is not a parasite but I am currently on anti-biotics. I heard that I should wait until I finish those before starting a cleanse because some of the herbs may interfere with absorption of medications.

For me the scariest thing is that as I ween off the steroids I am afraid I will obstruct again and have to go back to the hospital. Next time they may be more adamant about surgery or immunosuppressants (doctor is already talking about that) but if it is caused by parasites I want to at least look at that option!

I did a parasite and stool test with Quest Diagnostics that I have not heard back from but I have not heard great things about their testing. I was considering testing with Chelsea Biologics or Jetti Katz in NYC if you guys think that is a good idea. I don't know if I can do the test while taking anti-biotics because of accuracy issues.

I am really sorry for the long post but all of this has me worried and what else is there to do at 3:30AM haha. I wish I could repay the favor of any help you guys can give me!

Thanks!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2095199