CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Possible liver flukes and bad breath by Birk ..... Parasites Support Forum (Alt Med)

Date:   12/30/2012 3:43:51 AM ( 12 y ago)
Hits:   11,862
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2020579

Hey Michael,

Sooo glad I could give you a little laugh in the midst of all of this suffering. I try to make light of things because laughing at myself has always made even the worst situations feel a lot "lighter" at times. I am terribly sorry you are going through these pains, but Like "StefB" and I, you are sooooo lucky to find out what is possibly causing these issues for you. I remember being so sick and thinking I was dying of black mould or aids or cancer and I would tell myself, "God! I wish I knew what it was! AIDS? Okay, well that seems impossible and would totally suck, but at least I would know what the hell is wrong with me and then I could take the proper steps to deal with it. Cancer? Same thing - do the cancer steps, etc." The ABSOLUTE WORST thing on earth is what many people on this site are suffering with - the NOT KNOWING - It is the MOST HORRIFYING THING!

Okay, now saying all of this, dont think I literally cried EVERY SINGLE day for at least the first 6 months of going gluten free. Not just because all I could think of is all the foods I could never have again (that sucked a bit, though, to be honest, lol), but one of the hardest things is the social aspect of the disease. I am now at the point where I cannot let one living creature touch my food or I get sick. I, too, used to drink a case or two of Heineken light a week (Hell yeah!) and I remember feeling like "ugggg" but it tasted soooooo good, but I felt ugggg so I drank another, then another, then I'd have had like 12, lol! I'm part indian, so we can throw down some firewater, but it's funny because I actually had hangovers with beer that I couldnt even recognize as hangovers because I was sick in so many other ways. NOW HERE IS THE THING ABOUT BEER.......1 Beer is like drinking a triple shot of gluten! Gluten is made of WHEAT, BARLEY, AND RYE, which I'm pretty sure most beers contain as a trifecta!

I hope we both have not permanently ruined ourselves with all the beer, but there have been great advancements in vitamins for celiacs, and although I've still not formally gotten tested or let the Crazies (aka Medical Doctors) put a scope up my booty, I am now 99% sure I must be a celiac, so my villi in my intestines are most likely damaged. I have been terrible at taking vitamins but I bought some from celiac.com and honestly, when I take them, I REALLY do feel better. There are some daily ones that are "comprehensive cleanse" type things, but specific for celiacs/gluten intolerants who need a few extra things you wont get in any other vitamins. It's totally worth a try and if you are interested, ask me and I'll get you the actual info on the ones I have. I know on their site there are many, and part of my 2013 resolution is to stay on top of those suppliments.

I hope this helped, and honestly, my residual problems are totally probably due to cheese, but I want to be healthy, not living the life of someone who has Lupus when all I have to do is stop being a Cheese Hog!

All the best and feel free to ask anything you like - I am an open book when it comes to this because I know there are too many people suffering & since I flunked out of pre-med, it's the least I can do to contribute!

PS - there are gluten free beers. I tasted Redbridge and it made me all sick feeling and gassy. No Bueno - the upside is MOST alcohols are gluten free because the molecules of gluten are too big to "fit" through multiple distillation processes. I still have a reaction to my favorite expensive single malt scotches though, which are supposedly gluten free. Once you get "really clean" of gluten, you will INSTANTLY know if you have a reaction to something - for me it begins the minute the food hits my mouth and back of throat. Feels like I'm eating razor blades, and oh then the fun begins......... ;) Just pay attention to your body, it will tell you if you are putting something in there it doesnt like.

PSS - Another thing I must mention again is that 60% of everything that touches your skin is absorbed into the bloodstream. I bartended for like 10 years. Needless to say, if you are a bartender, you need to find another job. Also check your face washes, soaps and Shampoos - they can be creating Body Odor , rashes, breakouts, all sorts of things that can mimic parasites or any other long list of symptoms you may be suffering from. If you really want to see/read some horrific stuff gluten does - google "dermatitis herpetiformis".....

Good luck to all! xxx

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=2020579