CureZone   Log On   Join

Giardia? SIBO? Strongyloides? candida? by SalvationSeeker ..... Parasites: Protozoa

Date:   9/3/2011 7:42:02 PM ( 13 y ago)
Hits:   14,959
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1854431

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Background: 24 y/o male w/ ashkenazi jewish and celtic bloodlines, FAMILY history of bowel cancer as well as IBS- D and Diabetes. weight before infection 124 lbs athletic and lean.

I have always suffered from Constipation IBS-C type symptoms, however during times of tension, life change or illness, tend to express IBS-D symptoms(this is regardless of the typical travellers diarrhea or food poisoning.) It always took me a long time to produce slower more broken movements and as a result I developed a fear of public bathrooms or going at friends or the girlfriends place, it always has to be at home ever since I was a kid. WIth that being said Ive "trained" myself to be a once a day type of person. I would experience transient bouts of stomach pains while at school or when starting a new job or whenever my "cycles" changed. Things have been fairly consistent though I had some very serious stomach flu's these past few winters and I have always suffered severe debilitating infections of the mucous tissue in my nose and pharynx. I have been hospitalized for them and have not had them investigated. I had taken prednisone and Antibiotics for them, though I believe that these occurred primarily in 2007-2008. As far as the sinus infections of the previous season and the stomach flu, I was recommended to take Florastor for the diarrhea. It seemed to work and I continued to take this product(which is essentially a "good" fungus that allegedly colonizes your intestines and "thwarts" parasites and harmful yeast C. Albicans.). I would discover later that this stuff isnt even approved by the FDA and it makes me wonder if there isnt some law that requires doctors to recommend treatments approved by the FDA.

I have also experienced issues with completing urination ever since a severe bloating incident that happened from drinking alot of various coffee,espressos and teas(work mandated), back in 2007. The issues were never resolved and I could not afford the medical bills on the pre-existing condition. so it has persisted. I am not sure if these are bladder infections, though when I went to the ER they told me it was NOT kidney stones and urinalysis was normal.

The events

The most notable indicator that there was an issue occurred earlier this summer. I was at the beach with my friend and we were drinking a sole beer, being fairly well hydrated though, it was almost 100 degrees out. we drank the beer, began walking, and went to go sit down at a bench near a skate park. As i descended upon this typical bench, I felt an urge overcome my bowels more furious and demanding than any infant pushing out of its mother during labor, this was complete and utterly immediate urgency that forced me to stand up nearly as quickly as I sat down, fascinated momentarily by the sheer fact that I hadnt actually defecated in my drawers. I began to walkrun as fast as i could, nearly dragging my friend, sweating profusely with the gurgling, rumbling beast within my gut. After attempting to infiltrate an emergency room, to utilize their bathroom, instead I found a nearby public health building, found a bathroom being occupied, waited even longer, then ran in and locked the door. What proceeded was a violent episode that should be censored even for the medical community. Odors more foul smelling, than the appearance of the accompanying projectile neon green feces. Odors so sulphuric and malodorous, I fear only for the individual who were to use this bathroom after me. I can only imagine. After three flushes, and their entire roll of toilet paper, there was still leakage and for the rest of the day I had problems even despite changing clothes and wiping many times.

I took some florastor but the problems persisted, and seemed to evolve. I drank a glass of milk and my entire stomach bloated up so severely i almost called 911, it was like a giant sack hanging off my abdomen, and very painful. I began to experience violent flatulence that i couldn't even really put into words, except that it wasnt particularly odorous, just copious and continuous(persistent). I realized that I was lactose intolerant immediately.

At some point, after a night where I drank another single beer, i had an entire day of constant explosive diarrhea and a Canary-Yellow stool. Neon bright yellow fully formed stool. After this period of time I experienced the following symptoms:

-Constant Immense hunger with little weight gain
-Flatulence
-trapped gasses abdominal pains so severe almost went to ER
-Acid reflux/indigestion
-lactose intolerance
-fructose intolerance
-wheat intolerance
-starch intolerance
-alchohol intolerance(obviously)
-Constant persistant bowel movements for the first 2-3 weeks(large bulky floating greasey oiley green, grey, cream, or dark brown dark grey or dark green stool)up to 10x a day
-Constant persistant yellow or white odorous diarrhea. (this Diarrhea is not explosive, its constipated in the nature in which it passes,very difficult with exhausting crippling straining to pass. it is mucousy, and can be bright yellow or occasionally so watery is clear or orangish/peachish, but generally yellow with small orange cyst shaped objects, though they could just be residual fecal matter, rather than eggs, they are clearly visibly in clumps and solely with the naked eye). The Diarrhea has a distinct odor that is at times fishy, but at times sweeter. THe odor has almost been emitted from my mouth and i can smell it in various bodily fluids mildly. The prevalance of the odor varies.
-Violent bile burning acidic diarrhea 1x episode that created violent burning hemorrhoids
-thin or flat movements at times of chronic straining.
-Mucous in the stool
-malaise or feelings of discomfort from what i would describe as the fermentation of the diarrhea that is not removed with the movements.
-small hard carrotlike stools that were only removed with alot of straining(possibly diverticulum trapped fecaliths). That was the first time I started to see the worms.
-Incident of removing long membranous object from rectum after movement. second object was coiled in a sac, both with green particular matter around them, and appearing to have long visible digestive tracts, but werelong several inches, and appeared too thick to be mucous(were literally pulled out of the rectum like string). I have suspected to be worms, they resembled whip worms however were very large, very long and membranous, and very very thin. More thin than tape worms or most Ascaris Ive seen.
-incident with feces entangled in what appears to be long white threads. Some are very small,some are larger, also are sometimes wrapped and intertwined in the feces(looks like worms munching through feces, but who knows) candida threads?
-repeated occurances of white specs and spots in even the best formed of the stools
-99% of the time movements, no matter how loose, floating, soft, or hard pieces, or large formed, i always get the runny watery diarrheal discharge.
-constipation
- A strange itch on my leg before the symptoms began, a large welt form, i thought it was hookworm, but then i read about some tropical parasites that may form similarly such as strongyloides stercoralis though they dont seem to look like whats in my stool either.
-A sulphuric gas release which was extreme distinct, and beyond anything ive ever experienced.

This is month four now. Safe foods for me have been soy yogurt w/probiotics, sprouted low carb bread, hempseed waffles, maple syrup, carrots, spinach, vegetable butter, and i think thats about the only things that dont make me sick. Chocolate, peanutbutter, steaks, hot dogs and a million other foods, all make me super ill. Chicken and eggs have been a lifesaver... so easily digestible in comparison, though i still have indigestion with almost every meal.

Raw fiber from Garden of life has helped temporarily, and ive taken ultimate flora critical care, though I stopped because it has fruocto-saccharide in it. I had mild alleviation from florajen 3.

I am weary to tell docs Ive been sick because I got my insurance after the symptoms started. I did however manage to see a Gastro who I felt didnt take me seriously, and was eager to just do a colonoscopy. He did however order an ova and parasite stool exam and it came up clean(one test... wth Cdiff, and giardia) and a blood test that revealed high A/G albumin/globulin ratio, .3 higher than the normal range, and simply very low on globulinin the blood. However he didnt mention it to me, i ordered the results of my own volition, and I found these out, after firing him for not mentioning them to me.

I am going to see the general internist next week, and im going to tell them all my risk factors.

Risk Factors

-Cool moist weather followed by extreme heat, without air conditioning, extreme heat for weeks, lots of sweating and possible dehydration.
-Fishing (handling fish, without washing hands, touching face, sweat dripping into my mouth)
-Drank from several outdoor water fountains, one near a small cemetary.(possibly well water? not sure)
-Hiking (through a local forrest that had turned into a swamp, exposure to many insects, pools of water and Beavers(which is why this whole ordeal has literally reeked with the fishy smell of giardia lambia).
-My roommate had been in costa rica for a month which makes me suspect, with the welt, that i may have contracted strongyloides stercoralis, once again OVP test was clear. Maybe somebody who knows more about rare tropical parasitic infections might be able to chime in as ive read these are hard to find in cultures as hookworms tend to colonize warm stool.
-the Florastor
-ate some very undercooked meat that week
-increased tap water uptake from 0, to 5 glasses a day.

Any advice, tips, opinions, suggestions, would be worth more than anything I could give in return.Thanks for reading!

9/3/11: I had taken florastor on the onset of acute symptom phase, and current weight is 113lbs, though stabilizing. Still experiencing chronic yellow/clear fish smelling diarrhea, some mild cramping/fermentation discomfort, and now im feeling very weak all the time, unable to open candy wrappers. I was a frequent cigar smoker for years, gave it up last week, not seeming to affect the diarrhea/discomfort or incomplete liquidous movements.

I am down to 111 lbs. Let me know if anyone wants pictures of the goopy long strings that came out of me, they arent very high quality. I could also post pictures of my daily soft spongey or greasey and fatty floating stools, they are all spectacular in their unhealthy appearane.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.06 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1854431