CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Who has tried the bentonite clay baths? Effectiveness by Hidden Username ..... Clay Packs and Clay Baths Forums

Date:   3/8/2010 9:06:56 PM ( 14 y ago)
Hits:   33,140
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1586842

Hi Everyone,
Nice to be out of the Miracle-Mineral-Supplement forum for a bit.

Bentonite Clay... where to start.

The stuff is great, works like a champ, although not super fast. It's gentle and effective both internally and externally.

USP grade clay, ehhhh, not a big fan. I prefer naturally deep mined clay. Wyoming Sodium Bentonite swells... however.... it is a primary clay. This means it is still sitting where the volcanic ash dropped it 750 million years ago...give or take a week or two. It is clean, with no organic or microbal activity. Calcium Bentonite doesn't swell as much, and seems to be preferred by most.... however, it is a secondary clay that has migrated hundreds of miles by fresh waterways. It generally has other organic substances that it picked up along the way and grains of silica sand. USP grade is chelated and cooked, and while it will still adsorb, it's nature has been altered, and it is no longer the same clay that Native Americans and animals use. In fact, if you put a pile of USP calcium Bentonite out, and some natural bentonite, animals will lick at the natural clay and disdain the USP grade. I have actually done this, as I have 3 types of bentonite, and 2 types of Montmorillonite in stock most of the time, and I live in a swamp full of wild animals, parrots, and all kinds of stuff. (Florida... EVERYTHING thrives here).

I personally prefer Sodium Bentonite for internal use. It does swell, but at a spoonfull per 8 oz of water, it's already fully hydrated when you ingest it, so it's fully swollen and it's a bit slimier, and goes through easily. I also think it tastes better.. (it all tastes kinda like dirt, but it has an earthier taste than calcium types and it isn't terribly unpleasant.)
I like calcium bentonite for external uses such as wraps and scrubs. The silica can be a nice exfoliate if it isn't sharp. For baths, I like a mix of both.

My protocols for the Bentonite detox is to take a Dead Sea Salt bath first, then Drain the tub and use Bentonite. The Dead Sea Salt seems to bring the toxins up closer to the surface of the skin. Baths will not detox you completely, it's mostly, a tissue thing. Internal use will remove toxins and chelate the blood and tissues, however, it won't happen overnight. My fastest internal detox is a 14 day, and I actually recommend a 28 day system. I use Green and Red Argiletz Montmorillonite with bentonite for body wraps, sodium and calcium in the tub, and sodium and green Montmorillonite internally. The internal aspect is done in stages, Week one is getting your body accustomed to the clay, and I also have D.E mixed in to clear simple parasites from the GI tract. Week 2 has more bentonite added to the mix and no more DE. Week 3 introduces Montmorillonite, Psyllium Husks, and Bentonite, Week 4 is basically the same with increased clay. Body wraps are also very effective, and have the added bonus of losing a few inches, and tightening the skin up.
I think that you need both internal and external to get the full benefit.

By all means use USP grade if you are uncomfortable with using natural clays. It has a lot of benefits if not all the trace minerals. Also the Argiletz French Montmorillonite I was talking about is the best of both worlds. It's actuall all natural sun dried clay, certified as USP without baking the crap out of it.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1586842