CureZone   Log On   Join
The ratings in this forum

Tony Isaacs Views: 13,005
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,164,272

The ratings in this forum

How convenient?  I think of it more as a check and balance system to minimize personal ego.  Luella does have a high opinion of me (I'm flattered) and we argue about whether or not it is an inflated one.  But she has known me for several years over several forums besides this one and no one here knows me half as well as she does, or has seen half as much of my work as she has.

Just FYI - there are at least four posts on this page that I made where I lowered the rating she gave me and a couple of others where I convinced her to do so.

Would you not say that co-moderators rating each other might be more valid than a moderator rating themselves?

It still comes down to a moderator rating the posts - the same as is true of ALL CureZone forums.  If the ratings here are not validated then could not the same be said of every rating throughout CZ?

Since this is my forum (and Luella's), what I do is rate posts according to the importance I perceive in the message - not just the perceived effort and brilliance of the poster reflected in the post.  I do that to insure that my guests here do not miss information that might be helpful to their health and well being as well as their knowledge.

I think doing so is well in keeping with the stated purpose of CureZone - "educating instead of medicating".  And I think that the best moderators who feel the same way and put CureZone above any personal agendas do the same.

Tony

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)