CALIF Nukes All Down!
ALL CALIFORNIANS! As of today, April 30, 2012, all of California's nuclear power plants are shut down! TAKE ACTION to KEEP THEM SHUT DOWN!
Date: 4/30/2012 8:52:21 PM ( 10 y ) ... viewed 2275 times
ALL CALIFORNIA NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS ARE CURRENTLY DOWN!
April 27, 2012/Jelly fish shut down Diablo Canyon Nuclear power plant:
San Onofre Nuclear Power plants two units have been shut down since Janurary 2012 because of a radiation leak and extensive wear in tubing carrying radioactive water: http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/2012/02/02/nuclear-leak-damage-to-both-reac...
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE LETTER (BELOW), THEN SIGN AND MAIL THE LETTER TO GOVERNOR JERRY BROWN TO KEEP CALIFORNIA'S NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS SHUT DOWN.
FEEL FREE TO CHANGE THE WORDING AS YOU SEE FIT OR ADD IN YOUR OWN COMMENTS
SUBMIT THE SAME LETTER and/or EMAIL TO YOUR CALIFORNIA STATE SENATOR AND STATE ASSEMBLY MEMBER.
Find out where to submit an email or letter to your California representatives: http://assembly.ca.gov/
Click on "Find My Representative". Once you enter your address, the screen will show your California State Assembly Member and State Senator and their mailing addresses. If you want to send an email, follow the links to your representative's home page and click on "contact me".
YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL THE GOVERNOR: http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS POST ONTO YOUR EMAIL AND FORWARD TO ALL THE CALIFORNIANS ON YOUR E-LIST
Thanks and blessings
ACTION LETTER TO GOVERNOR JERRY BROWN http://residentsorganizedforasafeenvironment.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/action-...
Governor Jerry Brown
C/O State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814
Dear Governor Brown,
We are looking for your support to keep California’s two nuclear power plants SHUTDOWN FOR GOOD. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. SAFETY FOR CITIZENS BEFORE PROFITS FOR POWER COMPANIES.
2. The problem with the steam generators at San Onofre were caused by Southern California Edison’s upgrades (NOT LIKE FOR LIKE) with the increase of 400 tubes to increase profits, which in turn has put over 8.4 million people at a much greater risk of a NUCLEAR DISASTER in the 50 mile radius. This will severely damage the world’s eighth largest economy, California.
3. These two plants could not be built under today’s rules and guidelines for earthquakes and tsunamis, and the NRC will not force the power companies to meet the standards of today; yet they will overlook and easily relicense them.
4. Evacuation plans are totally ineffective if a nuclear disaster occurs in conjunction with a severe earthquake.
5. This week California’s people and the state’s vibrant economy were fortunate enough to live in a state with not one operating nuclear reactor. Both San Onofre and Diablo Canyon were shut down. The lights stayed on. Together with energy efficiency and an almost unlimited renewable energy potential in California, the State can become a world leader in energy for the 21st century; while at the same time achieving the essential reduction in carbon emissions. California will fail to meet this truly sustainable future while it continues to operate nuclear power. This week because of the nuclear crisis at San Onofre and the intervention of jellyfish at Diablo Canyon, California saw the future; and it is a future we demand.
KEEP CALIFORNIA’S NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS CLOSED.
[Sign your name
Print your name
Print your address to show you are a California resident
Print your email if you want a response]
In support of this action are: Peace Resource Center of San Diego, , Citizens Oversight Committee, San Clemente Green, San Onofre Safety, Women’s Energy Matters, Stop Fukushima Coalition, Friends of the Earth, (ROSE) Residents Organized for a Safe Environment contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTION sponsored by Residents Organized for a Safe Environment http://residentsorganizedforasafeenvironment.wordpress.com/author/residentsor...
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page