OBAMA & Be the Change
Obama is a catalyst for change. OBAMA is a movement for change to a culture of world peace.
Date: 11/25/2008 5:31:04 PM ( 13 y ) ... viewed 1564 times
- Let's plan to celebrate on Obama's inauguration day. A small group I've gathered is starting an online free school and I've thought of an acronym for Obama's name that would relate: Occupations Beginning Antiwar Millennium America. If anyone can think of a better acronym, that relates to our peace career classes, I'd like to hear it. (I may not be able to reply, because this computer has 2 browsers, one of which is Firefox. But I seem to be able to post new blogs here okay at least some of the time.)
- If people are serious about wanting change and being the change, they should start careers that support the culture of world peace and withdraw support from the dominant culture of war and greed. That's what our free school is about. And we're being the change by being different from virtually every other school on the planet.
- Our teachers, advisers, and student helpers will be all over the globe and seldom in a classroom. Our school will charge no tuition or fees for anything; it will be totally free. If any branch of the school wants to raise money or barter for teachers or students to support their peace careers, they'll have local peace-promoting fund-raising events.
- The subjects we're preparing to teach, which we think are most conducive to world peace, are Freedom Philosophy & Activism, Natural Health, Organic Growing, Cuop Business, Alternative Investing, Alternative Technology, Arts and Crafts etc.
- Freedom Philosophy is intended to mix the best ideas from Progressivism-Liberalism and Libertarianism. These are the groups that have seemingly been most devoted to peace. And I propose that both groups get together, settle differences and join forces, in order to empower both groups in unity for the sake of humanity and world peace. Together we can be much stronger than we've been when divided.
- It should not be so hard to unite, because both groups tend to oppose authoritarianism, which means use of government violence, except minimally to neutralize real threats to people's survival from aggressors. I feel that consensus unanimous rule is how the problems with majority rule can be fixed. Our school will operate by consensus. This class is also intended to encourage members to run for public office and support their candidacies. That's an excellent way to Be the Change, like Obama is.
- Our free school has about ten supporters now, 3 teachers or student helpers and 2 board members. We need several more board members and as many teachers, students and helpers as we can get. A blog I read lately by a professional 20-something said 20- and 30-somethings should volunteer for executive positions at nonprofit orgs to boost their careers. That's especially true for peace supporters.
- So here's a google-form where anyone can join our worthy cause:
No experience is necessary.
- Now, who has ideas on how we can celebrate OBAMA on Jan. 20? I'll see if I have ideas next time.
- I'll try to post another blog shortly re an important Mercola article on vaccines.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page