CureZone   Log On   Join
Lactose Intolerance

compumom Views: 6,009
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 509,571

Lactose Intolerance

Hello Richard,

My reply will not address your issues of hypoglycemia, as I only had a small bout of that during pregnancy, and was told to eat more frequently. It cleared up post pregnancy, however, I will comment on yours and your sister’s lactose intolerant status.

I too suffered with lactose intolerance for more years that I’d like to count. I’d say at least 30 years. I know too well the symptoms, the bloat, the fear of drinking milk and any products containing milk.

The good news is that as of last year I found that I am no longer lactose intolerant. I found out via an act of defiance.

My story: We were in the 3rd or 4th day of a severe heat wave last summer and I took my daughter out for ice cream. I decided to throw caution to the wind and have my childhood favorite of vanilla ice cream in a cup with chocolate sprinkles. Of course, we ran home immediately afterwards because I knew the reaction that would ensue. So, I waited, and waited, and waited, and…no reaction. Well, to make sure of this, we went the next day for more ice cream. Again we ran home and waited for me to explode, but nothing.

I later found out that one of the serendipitous side effects of juicing raw vegetables for the prior two to three months or so was that it appeared to have cured my lactose intolerance (I’m no scientist, but I think it had to do with enzymes). In addition to that, there were several other food allergies that I’ve suffered with for many, many years that I no longer suffer with. The fact that I can now eat an apple, or peel a carrot without having an asthma attack and severe allergic reaction is something that I never thought I would experience.

Needless to say, last summer I made it my business to have at least one cup of vanilla ice cream each day. I had to make up for 30 years of deprivation.

All that to say…Lactose intolerance is a curable condition, contrary to what a lot of us previously thought. We are led to believe through the media that advertise for ‘Beano’, ‘Lactaid’, and the slew of commercials for IBS, heartburn, indigestion, etc., etc.,etc that it cannot be cured. Basically it all comes down to healthy eating. It may take longer than any one ‘pill’ can temporarily cure, but eating right and juicing will provide you with health benefits beyond anything you would have thought. I was ‘allergic’ to most of the vegetables/fruits that I now juice and eat freely.

I can’t say that it is a cure all, but it has definitely helped me tremendously.

Good Luck,

Compumom

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)