CureZone   Log On   Join
Raised scars on nose are ruining my life :

Salenai Views: 10,022
Published: 10 y

Raised scars on nose are ruining my life :

Hi guys, TI have hypertrophic scars on my face - on my nose to be more precise. 5 years ago, I had cystic pimple on my nose, it left raised scar. 3 years ago, I tried to get rid of it, dermatologist suggested microdermabrasion to me, nurse made a mistake and left me with another scar on my nose, it too was hypertrophic.
4 months ago, I applied kelo-cote on scar, and it only made it worse (more raised and wider). 1 month ago I started massaging castor oil into scar, and it made scar both worse and better, that scared me a little bit, so I tried to not let it get anywhere else. I applied it only on scar, but massaged it with qtip, that was a huge mistake, I probably pressed slightly harder or something. Long story short- I made scar both more raised and wider. Now, every day the scar is getting worse a bit. 3 weeks after my worsening my scar the scar is a lot worse than it initially was :(.

I do not know if I had caused keloid to form over hypertrophic scar on my nose, or not. From what I have researched, this should not be the case, because
1. True keloids are very rare
2. They tend to be hereditary - we do not have them in family
3. They are even more rare, or unheard of on central face. Many plastic surgeons on realself website said, that they have never seen keloid form on central face. One said however, that he has seen a case of both hypertrophic and keloid on central face from abrasion.
4. They are even less common in light skinned people - I am caucasian.

But still, even though this should be not the case for 99%, I do not understand widening that is happening right now. Widening/thickening of scar happens beyond the area I massaged. MAYBE it could be because scar is maturing, which takes 6 weeks to 12 months. OR maybe it has something to do with Seborrhoeic Dermatitis that I have in my T-zone.

So, these are the things I have tried so far on my scar:
1.Microdermabrasion - made scar flatter, but created another scar
2.Steroid cream - used it for 2 weeks post microderm, I have not noticed any results
3.Cica care cicaplast - used it for 1 week, I stopped using it, but I have not noticed any change at all.
4.Dermatix - used it for a month, no change
5. flaxseed oil - no change in scar, used it for 2 months
6.vitamin e - may have noticed very slight flattening of scar, on one spot, not sure, but not much change at all
7.Kelo-Cote - worsening of scar, scar lighter and wider due to use.
8.castor oil - both improvement and worsening. Not sure why worsening.

Since I reacted badly to Kelo-Cote, and a pressure, I am not sure if I can use them anymore. I did not react to topicals badly one and half year ago though, that was before I was diagnosed with Mycoplasma and Chlamydia Pneumoniae. Numbers 1-4 were used at the time I had not Seborrhoeic Dermatitis. All numbers, including n. 6 were used before I had M&Ch Pneumoniae.

I am very desperate right now, everything I tried on scar, had either no effect or caused worsening :(. Castor oil is still something I am not completely sure about though :(, but makes me worried since I saw worsening as well.

What should I do? Scar keeps worsening every day, and I am handling this very badly mentally :(. You cannot even imagine what it is like to live with big scar on your nose (one that I damaged is app. 8 mm long, and 6 mm wide, and few mm high. And another scar from microdermabrasion is about 7 mm long and 3-4 mm wide. Overall, these 2 scars form kind of one, and they are on my whole right side of nose, wide and long as I described.

Please guys,what would you recommend? What shold I do? I am willing to do anything :(. If you please know the solution, I will be glad to hear it. Thank you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)