CureZone   Log On   Join
Appendectomy Incision will not heal... need help.

Rick67 Views: 4,633
Published: 11 y

Appendectomy Incision will not heal... need help.

I had my appendix removed almost 4 weeks ago. Before anyone says anything, I tried like hell for about 12 hours to save it but I wasn't getting any better so I went to the emergency room knowing they would remove it. I was really worried about it bursting after suffering for over 12 hours. Anyway, I can't go back and change any of that.

They made three incisions. One inside my belly button (at 12 o'clock), the other incision is at 3 o'clock, and the final incision is at 6 o'clock. The incisions at 12 and 3 healed up normally and look like old scars.

When I went to my post op appointment three weeks later, the doctor looked at my incisions and said everything looked great. However, IMO the incision at 6 o'clock didn't look like it was healing like the other two.

About three days later I pulled my underwear down to pee and the incision at 6 o'clock started pouring out bright red blood. I put a bandage on it and went to urgent care. When the doctor removed the bandage there was no blood on it. He smelled the bandage and said he couldn't smell anything. The doc tried squeezing stuff out of the wound and nothing came out. He then told me everything was fine and it should now heal normally. He said the wound developed something (can't remember what he called it) and when that burst it started to bleed.

So it's been almost two weeks since going to urgent care and the wound is still bleeding off and on. Yesterday when I checked the wound there was no blood on the bandage so I thought it had finally closed up. When I got home from work this morning (I work at night) I checked it again and there was no blood on the bandage. I woke up about 3pm and while I was laying in bed I felt a few sharp pains at the incision that came and went really quick. So I get up and take a look at the incision and it's bleeding again. It's bleeding from an area the size of a pen head or smaller and it's a tiny amount of blood.

I'm really starting to worry that I'm going to end up back in the hospital over this. It doesn't look like it's infected. It doesn't hurt when I put pressure on it. I was putting Colloidal Silver on it but I stopped because I was worried that was preventing it from healing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking about using Manuka Honey (Active 16+) on it. They stuff is sold at whole foods for over $40. I've got some I purchased a while back just in case someone in my family gets an infection. Anyone know how I would go about applying the honey?

BTW, the incision is about a 1/3 of an inch long and it appears to be bleeding from one tiny spot.

Is it even possible for this thing to heal without them opening me back up and stitching it back together? I really worried about getting an infection if I go back to the hospital.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)