CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Natural Therapies Warnings/Understanding

Views: 7,434
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,996,414

Re: Natural Therapies Warnings/Understanding

My personal choice is the mixed vegetables that I get in bulk - frozen.  It has things like green beans, bell peppers, onions, broccoli, snap peas, carrots (in limited amounts), mushrooms, some baby corn, things like that.

There is a paleo diet forum here on CZ and I used to watch it a bit but in my opinion they don't follow the real paleo diet - what we ate 10,000 or more years ago, what our bodies were designed for.  But I think that you can get information on that diet through an Internet search.  The point is for me  to stay away from both processed carbos, and "invented" carbos.   I will get lots of arguments but by following this route I've avoided having to take insulin for my diabetes for about ten years. 

My very best diet for both weight and glucose control is by following "Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars" - which is 3 carbohydrates per meal.  Bernstein is a former engineer with Type I diabetes and a doctor wife who purchased for him a blood sugar tester - 30 years ago, at about $700.  In those days (not that long ago) you couldn't walk into a drugstore and buy one.  What he discovered was the foods that raised his blood sugar levels (all carbohydrates) and he tried to tell this to the medical community and they wouldn't listen to him.  In fact they were still advocating high carbohydrate diets for diabetics (many still do).  So - he went back to school and became an MD.  He's the 'father' of home blood sugar level testing and his diet when you follow it, is the best one out there for both diabetics and pre diabetics but it is very difficult to follow and I fall off of it a lot.  Yet when I can stay connected I not only fell better, but I lose weight as well.  Bernstein is one of the oldest living Type I diabetics in the world at about 80 years old.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)