CureZone   Log On   Join
Arthritis-misc things that may help

knowledge seeker Views: 28,807
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,955,169

Arthritis-misc things that may help

Some say avoid nightshade http://www.archure.net/salus/nightshade.html

For pain, I have found 10,000 gauss or higher magnets to help. Use waterproof first aid tape to stick them on

Some answers I got from yahoo answers when I asked about arthritis for myself

Answerer 1
Drinking tea with willow bark in it can help (make it tasty with licorice or raspberry)

Answerer 2
      I've had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 2. My doctor told me to keep active, to keep joints moving. There are also glucosamine tablets that you can take *from the naturals section in any drug store. I hear it works wonders. But for now, I'd rather go through the pain. I just go for hot showers to relieve any pain, when it gets bad, I take Advil.

Answerer 3
  i use tiger balm on my joints when they flare.

Answerer 4
 watch eating foods that make it worse like caffeine,
  some people get inflammation from tomatoes, white potatoes, onions, red and green bell peppers, the "hot" peppers such as chili and paprika, as well as eggplant belong to the Nightshade Family, a botanical genus called Solanaceae species. This species also includes tobacco, poisonous belladonna, and the toxic plants herbane, mandrake, and jimson weeds.

http://www.archure.net/salus/nightshade....

* Vitamin C, 200 milligrams a day.
      * Vitamin E, 400 IU of natural mixed tocopherols (d-alpha-tocopherol with other tocopherols, or, better, a minimum of 80 milligrams of natural mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols).
      * Selenium, 200 micrograms of an organic (yeast-bound) form.
      * Mixed carotenoids, 10,000-15,000 IU daily.
      * In addition, take daily multivitamin/multimineral supplements that provide at least 400 micrograms of folic acid and at least 1,000 IU of vitamin D. They should contain no iron and no preformed vitamin A (retinol).
      * Take supplemental calcium, preferably as calcium citrate. Women should supplement with 500-700 mg daily, for a total daily intake of 1,000-1,200 mg from all sources.
      * Magnesium half the dose of calcium 600 mg calcium =
      300 mg magnesium
      * Hylaronic acid
      * essential fatty acid 1-2 grams a day
      * Add CoQ10 to your daily regimen: 60-100 milligrams of a softgel form taken with your largest meal.
      * alpha-lipoic acid, 100 to 400 milligrams a day.
      * drink 6-8 glasses of pure water a day, or drinks that are mostly water (tea, very diluted fruit juice, sparkling water with lemon).

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA252779

Answerer 5

There are many known and treatable CAUSES of arthritic type pain. Sherry Rogers, M.D. has written an excellent book on the subject called: "Pain Free in 6 Weeks". The book is available at Amazon.com. I highly recommend it.

Best wishes and good luck.

P.S. I am assuming you have had an evaluation by your family Chiropractor. If not, be sure you do. There are many bio-mechanical factors that can contribute to arthritic pain and a good Chiropractor can help a lot.

Answerer 6
      YES!!! I work in an herbal medicine store. There is a product by a great company called New Chapter that is an herbal anti-inflammatory called Zyflamend. It has been through all sorts of clinical trials, I've had great feedback on it, and it is the #1 herbal supplement seller in the U.S. Also there are a class of herbs called adaptogens that reduce cortisol levels in the body, The adrenal glands excrete cortisol in response to internal or external stress and this causes inflammation. These include ginseng, schizandra, rhodiola, holy basil. New Chapter has a product called Stress Advantage that I recommend. My aunt is taking tumeric and chamomile for this issue. Gout occurs when there is too much uric acid. Nettles are high in minerals and help to reduce this. Devil's Claw is specific for removing uric acid from the joints. If you have an herbal store where you live, I highly recommend going in and talking with someone or even getting a referral to a naturopathic doctor. Also, I've had good results in terms of a pain and potentially healing of tissue with a homeopathic topical ointment called Topricin.

Answerer 7
      If you’re really series about getting better, natural medicine is the best way to go. My sister in law was suffering from something similar to your problem and here pain was so bad she had to get injected every week for the pain. But now she is taking some natural medicine that works with repairing your immune system at a cellular level along with a healthy diet she is doing 100% better. So if your series about natural medicine email me

Answerer 8
      All is not lost. (I'll say it louder) ALL IS NOT LOST.
      Quick start first, ( New Chapter
      Zyflamend and Zyflamed PM )daytime formula http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/br...
      evening formula
      http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/br...
      These two put the flames out for me, I then began to juice carrots (see http://www.hacres.com for more info), into the carrot juice base I added ginger root and jalapeno pepper, as well as tumeric root when available. Just juice it and it really doesn't taste bad, after about three weeks you won't need to buy anymore supplements, just keep juicing --you can drop the jalapeno's too. The big trick is to buy organic carrots and have the proper juicer that can break down the cell wall of the vegetables and extract the nutrients. The link above hacres.com also sells a freeze dried barley grass powder which is of great value.
      There is even more you can do if you want to optimize things, I have started it in the last few months. We get very little Omega 3 fatty acids in our diet, when you replace the omega 3s your body begins to respond in amazing ways. I eat 1/3 cup of organic cottage cheese blended with 3 oz of high lignan flaxseed oil daily.
      I hope this is helpful, it has helped me regain my life and mobility.

Answerer 9
      with all of the other good info already given here,i would only emphasize using only natural products as well. the most important advice i would add is, stop completely all forms of sugar and grains until you feel better,then slowly(slowly) you can add some things back and see how your body reacts,then you,ll know some of the things that contribute to the problems. diet and lifestyle are upmost. it,s a fungal overload in your body!

Answerer 10

take cod liver oil in capsules, 2 capsules, 3 times daily. works fast and rejuvenates joints overnight. has been proven by so many of my friends and relatives. no kidding... of course, you must also avoid foods with high uric acid contents like red meat, beans, etc... would be better for you if you will also avoid crabs, shrimps, squid, shellfish... red meat is definitely out and pork, too...

Answerer 11
      I am sorry you are suffering with this. Try to look into alternate healing like Reiki. It might be the answer you need.

Answerer 12
      The Yoga Pranayam (breathing exercises) will help you relax and also help with the arthritis.The systems in the body will start doing their jobs better and in turn will get you better.
      Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Anulom Vilom –
      Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril
      then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril
      then -keeping the left nostril closed deep breath-in through right nostril
      then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
      This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
      Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day(maximum 60 minutes in one day).
      You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
      Duration : 5 to 12 times

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.
      Be patient, as the benefits will show over a period of months.Only by doing you will benefit
      and feel good because you are helping your body.Those who say I have tried everything....
      will be amazed at the result of doing pranayam.

Answerer 13
      I suffer from Arthritis (in the back and kidney) and i can tell you that the best think you can do to relieve the pain from arthritis is do yoga. Seriously i used to be in so much pain that i stopped doing any sports (which you shouldn't, when you suffer from arthritis you need to stay active!) and sometimes lied on my bed for hours because it hurt so bad. Then I started to take yoga lessons twice a week, and it's best thing i ever did. I can clearly see the benefit I've been doing it for almost 2 years now and don't think will ever stop :)
      so if you have the opportunity i think you should try yoga.

Answerer 14
      There is no cure for arthritis. There are however natural ways of treating the symptoms that can both relieve the pain and slow down the progression of the disease. (note I disagree obviously)

Omega 3 fatty acids are as effective as over the counter anti-inflammatories such as Motrin. If the omega 3 comes from a fish source make sure it is purified to remove heavy metals such as lead and mercury.

Turmeric, which comes from the spice curry, is also a good natural anti-inflammatory.

There is also a supplement called Cetyl Myristoleate that I personally take for my osteoarthritis.

-----------------------------
 Answerer 15
hi arthritis is notoriously hard to heal.

I do not think 1000 mg is high enough I would up that glucosamine to to 3000 mg or at least 2000 mg.  My chiropractor told me people should also take Chondroitin Sulfate with it.

Be careful of prescription anti-inflammatory nsaids they can damage one's kidneys as they did with a relative of mine who wound up on dialysis due to this

They are some herbal anti-inflammatory one is tumeric. Boswelia is also used.

Something that helped a lot of people with their knees and things like that is Hyaluronic acid that is made from rooster combs and certain foreign root veggies. I thought it was kind of expensive though

I read that people who became vegetarians noticed there arthritis dramatically going away or lessoning..

Answerer 16
Note: you must take apple cider vinegar daily. It may take two to four weeks to feel the full effects. However, Apple Cider Vinegar ("ACV") relieves pain and gives freedom of movement in most people. This is not a cure - if you stop taking the apple cider vinegar for a few days, you will feel your arthritis symptoms again!

Dosage: 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in 8 oz of water, 3x a day.

Besides drinking ACV, you can also find relief by soaking arthritic joints in hot Apple Cider Vinegar. Use 1/4 cup of ACV to 1.5 cups of hot (but not scalding) water. For areas too large to soak, try soaking a cloth in the above ratio and putting it on the affected area. Wrap a towel over the wet cloth to keep in the heat. Keep the wrap on for ten minutes. You can repeat this after the joint cools for ten minutes.

Glucosamine & Chondroitin Capsules

Black Strap Molasses
"Two weeks of two tablespoons each morning
Supplements and apple juice/apple cider vinegar/grape juice

supplements: 250mg. Magnesium Oxide, (promotes bone and muscle health) and Super B complex, 250 mg. (promotes energy and metabolism). USE AS DIRECTED ON BOTTLE. Along with these supplements, Mix 1-64oz. bottle of pure 100% apple juice, and 1-64 oz. bottle of 100% grape juice, and 1-cup apple cider vinegar. Mix all liquids together and store in refrigerator. Drink 1/3 cup of mixture 3x a day.

Remedy: Turmeric

take 1 tsp in hot milk and it relieves all forms of body pains, joint pains or 1600 mg of tumeric (800 x2 day) and after about six weeks the pain almost all gone and flexibility returning.

Golden Grapes soaked in gin!
golden grapes soaked in cheap gin for nine days, then nine grapes per day, everyday.

Answerer 17
glucosamine and condriten tablets and DMSO which can be applied to the skin.. with the DMSO however you have to be very careful to not let it sit on there to long or it will burn pretty good and not to use it to often or it will get into the blood stream as well but we have used it on horses for 30 years and i use it on my knees now and it does wonders

Answerer 18
For me I found acupuncture to be amazing. After suffering for 10 years with arthritis in my foot/ankle from an mis diagnosed injury and wearing a brace and taking daily pain killers. In addition I had two surgeries to attempt to take care of the problem. I was facing a third when I tried acupuncture and it's wonderful.
I'm now brace and drug free (2.5 years) and feel like a whole new life has started. All due to acupuncture. Try it!!

Answerer 19
don't eat tomatoes- aggravates arthritis

emu oil rubbed into the painful joints will give relief in about 2 weeks.

exercise

Answerer 20

I don't believe in prescription drugs so I take vitamin supplements called
Alfalfa, Joint Health Complex ,Pain Relief Complex

Alfalfa- is a natural anti-inflammatory
Joint Health Complex- anti-inflammatory,reduces pain and stiffness; bone regeneration,nourishes synovial sac between joints
Pain Relief Complex- Relieves pain in joints, Contains no aspirin

=========

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (9)