CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Water fasting; how to know if your electrolytes are out of wack?

NH.is.Scientific Views: 50,251
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,939,729

Re: Water fasting; how to know if your electrolytes are out of wack?

sunnyy,

Well done on your fast so far. It sounds as though you're having a wonderful experience so far. It also sounds as if you're getting overly worried about whacky electrolytes instead of just trusting your body to tell you if it's unhappy.

I suspect that you'll get some good advice from some of the more experienced fasters here before long but what I will offer is comfort based on the knowledge that the body is more than capable of managing it's needs while reserves during a water-only fast. I was just reading a research paper on fasting from 1982 which summarised much of the other research on the subject while monitoring one individual's extended fast. The bottomline message was that strict water-fasting is associated with very few and rare complications and the fast is well tolerated in most cases. Serious complications were, however, frequent on modified fasts where fasters supplemented with protein or underwent other clinical adjustments under the advice of, no doubt, well-intentioned but poorly informed doctors.

You seem to be doing everything right - resting, fasting in a relaxed, supportive environment and from a position of knowledge as well as airing any concerns on this forum. I suspect that you will have a great experience but even if little niggles or worse complications arise, you'll be able to get the right advice quickly and be able to take proper action in a timely manner.

Best wishes for a pleasant journey!
NH...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (1)