CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Missed Menstruation after Fasting

PDeXiting Views: 10,561
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 149,850

Re: Missed Menstruation after Fasting

Don't worry, it is normal. This happens for a few reasons. Firstly, when your body feels that it is not the best time to reproduce (uncertainty of food availability, stress et cetera) it simple decides not to. Also, your body decides what to use its energy on--sometimes it is not on ovalation. If you lost a lot of weight, this also could be a factor. Estrogen is stored in fat cells and low estrogen effects menstration however it does not mean that you aren't fertile.
I am a professional athlete and in the last four years I have menstrated twice. I was very worried at first at did lots of hormone tests, lots of research and saw many doctors. My last period was in October (quite a shock) but it made sense because it was off-season and I was not training as actively as I normally do.
It may take a few months for your body to get back into a normal cylce.
If this continues there are a few great herbs: Don Quai and Vitex/Chasteberry are great for helping regulate cycles.
Hope this helps.
PDeXiting

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)