CureZone   Log On   Join
My Journey with Seborrheic Dermatitis .... Diet does Wonders!

TaylorMade Views: 108,076
Published: 15 y

My Journey with Seborrheic Dermatitis .... Diet does Wonders!

Like many of you I have suffered with Seborrheic Dermatitis for much too long.

It all started when I was in college. I began having terrible digestion problems, most likely due to poor nutrition and being dehydrated much too often. A few years later I noticed my face appeared to be much redder than normal. I thought nothing of it at first but obviously things began to get worse. I began to get the oily/ flaking of the skin and it was spreading from just my cheeks to my forehead and the rest of my face.

So I decided to see a dermatologist and I was diagnosed with SD. She informed that this particular skin disorder is not curable but can be treated through a variety of topical creams one of which was a steroid. I asked her if nutrition plays any role in this condition and she answered with a resounding NO! So I began taking these meds and all seemed well. My face looked much better but the redness was still there. This is when I stumbled onto Curezone and discovered how harmful these steroid creams are and that SD can be controlled (maybe even cured) through proper diet.

I began doing countless hours of research, finding what foods I could and could not eat. I began cutting out all simple carbs, sugars, dairy, wheat, and all that other good stuff. It took a while before I began noticing positive signs. Gradually over time I could see the good days were getting better and the bad days weren't quite so bad. I am now nearing 2 years on this diet and my SD is improving every week. It does not control my life any more and I can now go to sleep without the worry of waking up in the morning with a horrible breakout. The SD has halted in it's tracks and is now hitting reverse. It's like watching a movie in rewind. All of the SD areas on my face that were the last to show up are the first to disappear. My face before was literally a mess and now all that remains is a touch of redness on my cheeks.

I believe that there is no set diet that works for every individual. Through much trial and error I have discovered what does and does not work with my body. I know my body and Seborrheic Dermatitis so well, that I can generally pin point what was the culprit for a recent flare up. Once I discover something doesn't sit well with me I cut it out of my diet immediately!

I can't emphasize enough how important patience is in this healing process. It took years for SD to rear it's ugly head and I expect it to take just as long to put it back to bed.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)