CureZone   Log On   Join

Real success stories! by fledgling ..... Addiction: Tobacco: Quit Smoking

Date:   8/12/2006 11:52:41 AM ( 18 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,995
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=97642

Frenchfri,

If I can have any influence on you at all, please, please, think of your accomplishment as a huge success...with NO reservations!

You say, "...this time is different... I love not depending on it for my every move...my world is no longer consumed with the thought of ciggs...that is a great feeling..."

Aren't those the most glorious words you ever read? You are in charge of YOU!

Print 'em out and tack them up where you can see them often...or, write them tiny where they can't be seen at all. Every time you enter that room you'll remember they are there! Powerful stuff, indeed.

Reminding yourself of the other, the exception, has no value to you...unless you really WANT to feel 'stuck'.

Giggle with pleasure, girl! You've got it made! The other, the 'stuck' stuff, is only an echo of before. I'd bet my bottom dollar that you'll simply forget to do it one of these days. (Grin!)

Let yourself!

As for me, you've given me pause, I must say.

I effectively slowed down one day a couple of months ago. Hooray! Overnight, I felt wonderful.

The fact that I began to pick it up again over the next few days, doesn't diminish that wonderful feeling in the least.

That feeling is my touchstone...I've marked the place I want to be, and will be again soon.

None of all the 'reasons' I've ever heard, is as powerful a motivation as the memory of what that felt like.

Also, weighing myself the other day was proof positive that 'it ain't gonna hurt', which was my greatest fear. I really like this new way of eating...I enjoy it. I feel better for it.

'Deprivation' is no longer an obstacle. Whoopie!

Don't know where or when the next step will take place, but I know it will!

I've been at this computer for a few hours. My eyelids are drooping, at nearly 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning. Think I'll go for a little nap, since the house is quiet and I have the opportunity.

I'm very proud of you, frenchfri! And I'm glad to know you.

Obstacles melt, trust me.

fledgling

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=97642