CureZone   Log On   Join

How to use herbal colon cleansers by #46892 ..... Constipation Forum

Date:   9/7/2007 10:26:37 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   19,913
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=959488

One thing that isnt readily understood for some reason is in the way to use the herbal type assists. Senna is known to be super powerful and more of a last resort if one is in danger of being ill but its gripping qualities must be understood or suffering will result and it is a burner/melter rather than a perastaltic affector. Still it has its place especially when we have layers or impacted situations. Cascara sagrada is a perastaltic assist and it is a better choice but constant use has been shown to deprive the system of phosphorus. But many find no action or gas or loose stools because of incorrect use. Take the herb on an empty stomach with 8 oz of water and wait at least 30 plus min to eat, hopefully a fiber filled , correctly food combined or evan better mono diet meal. Usually if we are suffering from chronic constipation we will need to up the dose before each meal till things flow right.

I take care of an invalid and this has helped imensely but it took a while to really get the understanding of how the digestion would interfere w the needed action from the sacred herb, cascara sagrada. Also the food items bulk/fiber and correct food combination was also needed to be understood since the cascara sagrada is not actually a laxative in the conventional sense and thus needs bulk so that the muscle action wil have something to work on.

I still find psyillium to be good advise for the suffering but usually advise it to be taken like a meal in a large doesage and with hours between using it and eating anything but fluid.

However we all need to realize need vs dependance and what is actually healthy. Continued fiber supplementation can be as chronic as evan more destructive types of laxitives are. Knowing that babies drinking only milk or peoples who have eaten mostly raw meat, which both have no fiber yet stil have healthy regulalrity is what we should focus on when studying why we eliminate and how to regain that ability.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=959488