CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Champion versus Omega Juicer 9000 by onefreespirit ..... Juicing Forum

Date:   8/28/2007 7:03:19 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   9,017
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=952159

Hi,
No I would say that there is a significant difference between them. Here is some information that I took from a comparison of various juicers:

The Green Star uses twin gears to crush the produce and expel the juice. These twin gears are made of Stainless Steel with plastic ends and are patented as they contain magnets and bioceramic materials in them. These magnets and bioceramic materials are said to extract higher levels of minerals out of the produce and also give fresher juice that's enzymes and vitamins have a longer shelf life. The fact that the twin gears operate at a very low speed (110 RPM) when compared to many other juicers also helps to considerably slow down the oxidation of nutrients. There is also virtually no or very little heat transfer thus helping in retaining enzyme content. Indeed the technology of the Green Star twin gears enables carrot juice to be stored for up to 2 days in the fridge without significant loss of nutritional value. This is great for those who don't like having to spend time on juicing and cleaning up every day as juice can be made one day and consumed the next.

The only negative thing that the person doing the review said was that the Green Star needed more time to use. I personally found that it took no longer to make juice and clean up than any of the “easy to use” juicers with close to the same capabilities. I find that a spot less clean up only takes a few minutes.

Yes, it does cost more, but sometimes you do get what you pay for. I would rather purchase a well made unit that serves my needs and produces a superior quality juice rather than buy a cheaper unit that just does not quite meet the standards I expect. My whole rationale for juicing myself was to get as much nutrition from what I intake as I could otherwise I would save myself some work and just buy it in a bottle from the store. Also, I prefer to purchase a unit that surpasses my needs so I can "grow into it" as my knowledge of juicing increases. Just my humble opinion. I took a lot of time and read as many reviews and comparisons prior to making a decision to invest that kind of money into this particular juicer. I am happy with my decision. I think that you have to consider what YOU are looking for in a juicer and make a choice that suits your needs. I am sure, as with any kind of appliance, that technology will only improve and then it will be time to once again upgrade my tools. I hope that this helps you some.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=952159